What's new

Signal mismatch between Laptop and Projector? 1080p50 instead of 1080p60 (1 Viewer)

Geronimo

Auditioning
Hi There

There is something I do not understand, I hope you can help me with this.

I have a Hometheater setup that I am using since many years.
I watch movies on a Panasonic PT AX 200 hooked up to my Laptop. Simple as that.

Recently, while browsing the Menu of the Projector I ve seen something unexpected.
It say in the status of the projector: Input signal 1080p50. So I think wtf! It should be 1080p60?!
So I check the laptop and the display properties there and they readily say that it is sending a 1080p60 signal to the projector.

What is happening here? Could this be the reason for some frame tearing that I have always observed so far when watching movies? Can the projector not properly detect the signal? Why this mismatch?

There is no way I can change settings of the input signal on the projector, so what can I do?

Thanks for the help!

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Any chance you're watching media authored for 50p, and the computer was temporarily switching to that frame rate?

Have you tried rebooting both PC and projector and checking if they both show the same signal?

If you switch the laptop's display settings to something else and then back to 1080p60, does the projector show the same?

Geronimo

Auditioning
Any chance you're watching media authored for 50p, and the computer was temporarily switching to that frame rate?

Have you tried rebooting both PC and projector and checking if they both show the same signal?

If you switch the laptop's display settings to something else and then back to 1080p60, does the projector show the same?

After your suggestions, and just to test what happens, I set the Laptop to 1280x1024 40p. Then I checked the Signal Mode of the Projector which was reported to be 1080p24 (wrong again and somewhat strange....).

The Laptop sports an Intel HD Graphics 4000. While playing with the settings I found out -after years of using this setup- that I have to set the mode independently for internal display and for the projector. It never dawned on me that the projector has its own settings in the display driver of the HD 4000 (duh!). So the projectors settings were wrong simply because I have never set them! And I didn't find out because the settings were close enough (1080p50).

It seems that the problem, after all, was my stupidity... (and also because the display driver GUI is a bit meh...)
So thanks for your suggestions as they actually did help.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Ah. I failed to ask if you were using a dual monitor setup, which is likely with a laptop.

Glad you found the problem!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks