What's new

Shows that got the boot (1 Viewer)

I've read the article that many shows won't be continued. As a major Night Court and Airwolf fan this is disappointing. But my question is why couldn't the studios put out season sets with just the shows. Forget all the bonus material and just give us bare boned sets. I personally would rather have the shows than the bonus features. They could charge less for these sets and that would increase profits, as one of the largest complaints has been season 1 sets with so few episodes and high price tags. Guess I just have to hope and pray that they sell to smaller companies who will finish the sets.

RoryR

Stunt Coordinator
There is a very high base cost involved and bonus features amount to very little I suspect.

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
How about studios releasing limited copies only, of these so-called 'poor selling' shows ? That should do it.

CraigAllen

Agent

This is exactly what happened to King of the Hill. The first 2 sets had extras (such as deleted scenes), but now the new sets only have the episodes. I can live with that, but I really did enjoy the extra scenes.

RogerH

Supporting Actor
Airwolf is the 1st show I've bought that has been put on hold. Very disappointing. Come on Universal PLEASE :frowning:

Tom gre

Agent
Hi
what abut boy meets world Disney is not going to release any more season of it come on now.

Jon Baker

Second Unit
Did Barney Miller get discontinued as well? Is there a list of titles that won't be continued?

Bob Hug

Screenwriter

Season 1 of Barney Miller was released nearly 2 & 1/2 years ago, and there's been no word from Sony on subsequent seasons. Never say never but, for all practical purposes, this one has been abandoned. The only other licensed release of "Barney Miller" was a two-episode promotional disc that was given away a few years ago with the purchase of some selected General Mills cereals; fortunately, the episodes were from later seasons so there was no duplication.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks