What's new

Show Off Your Pics (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
My wife and I were infatuated with the Amazon Prime commercial featuring the Golden Retriever:

So I went ahead and ordered a Lion's Mane for Ernest and gathered up my youngest granddaughter:

full

It's tough working with both kids and dogs in the same frame...

Real tough.

As an aside, Ernest doesn't mind the mane at all. So there's THAT to be grateful for...

(this is an iPhone pic)

full

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I had a chance to play with my new Sigma 105mm macro lens while we were in South Carolina for the past two weeks. Here are a few macro and non-macro shots with the lens. All shots were handheld -- I brought along my tripod, but was too lazy to ever take it out of the car.

451A6251-X2.jpg

451A6255-X2.jpg

451A6237-X2.jpg

451A6262-X2.jpg

451A6247-X2.jpg

It works fine as a portrait lens, too.
451A6235-X2.jpg

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Alot of nice photographs in this thread! Think I will pass on posting anything I have taken as it is not that good and I am only using a Canon EOS Rebal T3.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Alot of nice photographs in this thread! Think I will pass on posting anything I have taken as it is not that good and I am only using a Canon EOS Rebal T3.

Dave: my gear is nothing special either...but I love taking pictures! And the guys here who know everything were kind enough to start a thread for those of us who are learning basics.

I'm a total amateur with limited knowledge who doesn't have enough time to take enough pictures...but, luckily, I've got dogs and grandkids (not necessarily in that order) who inspire me! :D

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield

Remember, it's not the camera that makes quality photographs, it's the person behind the camera. Your Rebel T3 is perfectly capable of producing excellent photos if you take the time to learn the basics. I have enlarged photos hanging on our walls that were taken with a Canon Rebel XT, which is much older than your T3.

Here are a couple I took in the Canadian Rockies with the Rebel XT which are hanging on our walls. These were straight out of the camera jpegs, as I'd only owned the camera a month, and it was my first dSLR (and only 2nd digital camera). I didn't feel comfortable shooting and processing RAW files yet. My biggest regret later was not shooting RAW right from the start.

IMG_1225-XL.jpg

IMG_1051-XL.jpg

Last edited:

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
A few shots from our recent two week trip to South Carolina.

Atalaya -- the winter home for the Huntington's

451A6626-X2.jpg

451A6614-X2.jpg

I shot these with my Samsung Galaxy S8 cell phone:

Murrells Inlet
20180417_113848-X2.jpg

Not a great shot, but this gator was near my golf ball, so I had to hit my chip shot while keeping one eye on him -- not an easy feat!
20180413_102213-X2.jpg

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I thought I'd contribute something that isn't one of my dogs or a grandchild!

Instead, a Scottish Highland cow:

full

And, I just want y'all to know I suffered for my art. I had to lean over a double fence to get this shot and as I was leaning, a goat was in the space between the wooden fence and the metal fence and wanted to let me know he was there so he gave me a good whack with his horns! The cow seemed to chuckle at my plight! :D

I'd be curious to know if you guys thought there was anything interesting I could do with this shot in post-production to improve it.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I'd be curious to know if you guys thought there was anything interesting I could do with this shot in post-production to improve it.
You could try adding a grad neutral density filter to try and bring out some of the detail in your blown out sky, if the software you use has that feature -- both Lightroom and DxO PhotoLab can do this. If you don't have anything that will do that, you can send me the RAW file and I could give it a try.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten

I'd put in an artificial vignette. This would remove the blown out sky and the corral details and focus on the star of the shot.

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
View media item 4984
Messing around with Lightroom CC mobile image capture on my iPhone 6s. I had not used it previously but discovered it could shoot DNG so I thought I would try it out on a walk from Nijo Station in Kyoto to our hotel. We stumbled upon this beatiful garden and temple and had to take a few snaps.

Last edited:

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
So, the question is, will I get out and take any pics this weekend, for the first time in longer than I can remember?

Anyone else?

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
So, the question is, will I get out and take any pics this weekend, for the first time in longer than I can remember?

Anyone else?
It's been awhile for me, too. I took a few last weekend on Mackinac Island, but mostly family shots. We've been there so many times I have a difficult time finding anything new to shoot. We were supposed to go to Greenfield Village in Dearborn later today for a Civil War Remembrance, but we may get rained out.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I've actually been taking a TON of pictures lately. I've been taking some for my wife's writing projects.

But I've been too busy to post any here.

I'll try to get some up soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks