What's new

Show Off Your Pics (1 Viewer)

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
So, the question is, will I get out and take any pics this weekend, for the first time in longer than I can remember?

Anyone else?

I probably will not. I’ve been in a photographic drought and the heat is getting too much for me around here too. I’ve just been taking snap shots with my phone lately.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I opened the front door to check the mail, and there was all this animal activity everywhere, so I shot off a few pics. Things were moving fast, and I didn't quite catch one or two of these, and I might have done a little too much shake reduction to compensate.

New babies (probably less than 24 hours old) next to my front door. One of them is hiding.

FER5709-1k.jpg

Mom & Dad yelling at me from the tree.

FER5701-1k.jpg

Squirrels frolicking in the street.

FER5704-1k.jpg

And a rabbit sitting back, watching it all.

FER5696-1k.jpg

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Do you know what kind of bird that is in the 2nd photo, John? It has some nice coloring.
I have no idea, but you can see another one in the background, and I'm pretty sure they are mom and dad to the babies at my front door, because they were screaming bloody murder at me.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I got a call this week from a client from back in my photo past, that a small local magazine is planning to do an article about his house, and his new house that is in the design stage. So, I went out this morning and did some pics. Here's a few of them.

FER5720_1_2_Opt-1k.jpg

FER5765_6_7_Opt-1k.jpg

FER5768_69_70_Opt-1k.jpg

FER5786_7_8_Opt-1k.jpg

FER5789_90_91_Opt-crop-1kb.jpg

FER5812_3_4_Opt-1k.jpg

FER5827_8_9_Opt-crop-800.jpg

Several of the photos in this last shot are ones I've taken for him in the past, dating back almost 25 years.

Last edited:

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Not great photos, but here's a couple shots of my new ride taken with my new camera -- that's a 2018 GMC Acadia taken with a Canon EOS M50 mirrorless camera. The Acadia replaces a 2011 GMC Terrain, and the Canon M50 replaces a Canon EOS M (well, I still have the old Canon ;)).

i-dJrptfk-X3.jpg

i-GD9j4dF-X3.jpg

Last edited:

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
A few photos from our visit to Greenfield Village today. A friend of ours began working there after she retired, so we are now able to get in for free. :) We got there when the place opened at 9:30am, but left around noon due to the heat. All these shots were taken with my new Canon M50 mirrorless camera and EF-M 15-45mm IS lens. The camera works so much better than the original M, but it does eat through batteries pretty quickly. Luckily, I have three batteries for it, as the M50 uses the same battery as my old EOS M.

IMG_1532-X3.jpg

IMG_1584-X3.jpg

A bicycle in the Wright Brothers Bicycle shop, brought to the Village from Dayton, Ohio.
IMG_1547-X3.jpg

One of the 12 working Ford Model T cars that you can get a ride in at the Village:
IMG_1553-X3.jpg

The Edison stream engine:
IMG_1561-X3.jpg

Shots from the working train round house:
IMG_1570-X3.jpg

IMG_1577-X3.jpg

Underneath one of the steam engines:
IMG_1580-X3.jpg

IMG_1582-X3.jpg

One of the original Edison phonographs, in his workshop relocated from Menlo Park, New Jersey:
IMG_1558-X3.jpg

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Thanks for the great pics, Rudolf. One of the beauties of mirrorless is the ability to adapt any lens mount there's an adapter for. I don't have any vintage lenses, but I have a few "primative" ones, that are completely manual. Not just manual focus, but also completely zero communication between the lens and camera with a couple of them. My Nikon D500 still lets me use those with (stop-down) metering, and even shutter priority AE, if I want.

R

Rodulf44

Thanks for the great pics, Rudolf. One of the beauties of mirrorless is the ability to adapt any lens mount there's an adapter for. I don't have any vintage lenses, but I have a few "primative" ones, that are completely manual. Not just manual focus, but also completely zero communication between the lens and camera with a couple of them. My Nikon D500 still lets me use those with (stop-down) metering, and even shutter priority AE, if I want.
I only use vintage manual lenses. I'm faster composing and focusing (at the same time) than using moving AF point, recomposing, focusing. ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks