HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Just some random pictures from San Francisco.

Using a digital camera and a Holga.

The Holga (B&W) didn't come out too great.

cb1,

I use Kodak 120 Tmax 400 in my Holga

16452654612_7e81b3de06_o.jpg
96810018 - Edited.JPG
town.jpg

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
Here is one from one of my trips to Asia, using an old 2002 camera.

This is the throne hall of Gyeongbokgung Palace in S Korea.

1407414_13592204056923.jpg

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
What, Cameron, is THAT?!?

Is it wrong that I seem to be salivating over it?!?

To me, it looks kinda like an egg, bacon and sausage sandwich on a glazed donut...

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
The weather's been rotten. Just grey, cloudy, Fargo skies. The sun did come out for a minute when I happened to be able to take advantage of it. This is actually a pretty straight shot. No retouching at all, just filtration in the B&W conversion. I'm surprised how surreal it looks.

_DSC3869_70_t-c-2.jpg

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Thanks guys. It was incredibly lucky. I set up the shot because you could see the outline of the sun through the clouds, and it looked kind of interesting. Since I already got my jeans all muddy looking through the camera close to the ground, I decided to leave it set up for a few minutes and see how the clouds changed. Then, the clouds cleared just enough to shine through for two shots. It was one of those "Whoa, look at that" moments. It was gone almost before it appeared. If I hadn't already been set up, I'd have missed it.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
That's great, John. Sometimes great photos require as much luck as skill. However, you did have the knowledge and experience to recognize that something special could occur. You were just fortunate that something special actually did occur.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Some playing around this morning. I'm still experimenting with extremes.

_DSC3905_t.jpg

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
This is definitely not my usual type of shot. I almost didn't take it because of the power lines, but now I think they actually add to it in a strange way. Comments??

_DSC3964_6.jpg

Last edited:

Hollywodland

Agent
Real Name
Al
I was thinking there might as well be a general thread for people to share whatever photos they want to.

Sometimes we just have a photo or two we want to share and don't want to start a dedicated thread.

So, I'm hoping anyone who just wants to share a photo will post it here.
Hi,I´ve just noticed the ˝photography section˝-ididnt know HTF had one. Awesome... I also have D7100 (not that it matters, I study photography (my first year)... I think with the first photo you went much too far, although I like HDR-my college professor says that too much HDR leads to a ˝postcard look˝ and I agree... I think things can go too far with HDR really fast, I only use it to bring out the detail and maybe to bring out some colors that I htink are not expressed well enough... Anyway, i didnt mean to brag about studying photography, I merely wanted to mention it. Besides, professors are not always right, a lot of times we have different opinions and even professors usually differ in their opinions...Last time I brought my B&W photo in class and one professor said that blacks have to be deeper to express the ˝noirish˝ feeling in the photo, the next day another professor said that I really need to brighten blacks because the detail is not sufficiently seen. Im really glad i found this photography section or whatever its called :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks