What's new

Should the computer be in the home theatre room? (1 Viewer)

Nick.H

Stunt Coordinator
Howdy all,

I've got a problem with placement of my computer. Its currently in my home theatre room. I have moved everything around and this is the best place I have found in this room. However, Im not sure if I should move it out into my bedroom, which also has enough room for the computer. Only problem I see with this is noise if the pc is left on over night to download. Aswell as sexual foreplay, are computers allow to watch?

Unfortantely I cannot put the Computer anywhere else, so my question is, where do you have your computers? do they have there own room? or joined in with the home theatre room?

Cheers

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
Unless your computer is a HAL unit, I woun't be worried about it watching.

That being said, there are a number of things you can do to quiet a noisy computer.

PhilBoy

Second Unit
In a few years your pc WILL BE your HT room...

My HTPC is in the same room, and yes, they are noisy in the background.

The new Asus DiGiMatrix uses an external power/voltage adapter to hush things up a lot. Check it out. Most of the noise, I find, is from the power supply.

Sean_avnut

Grip
Yeah, HTPC is going to be the future of home theater. Actually, NEAR future. You can build a pretty decent one for around $1000. I will be looking to build my own when I get a projector with DVI so I can take full advantage of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks