What's new

Should I add this old CD player or just stick to my DVD? (1 Viewer)

Andre Barros

Stunt Coordinator
Right now I have a Pioneer DVD hooked to my receiver in my bedroom and that's what I use to listen to CD's. I have an old Technics 5 disc CD player, probably 13 years old or something just lying around. I don't know the model number but it's one that opens the entire fron panel when you press the open button. I was thinking that I might hook it up and start using that for CD's. The advantage would be that it is a 5 disc player however I'm not sure it will play CDR's like the DVD does and most of my CD's are CDR's. Any chance a player that old will play CDR's? The other thing is that it would add another remote to the collection since I currently use the receiver's remote to control the DVD being they are both Pioneer. Is there any disadvantage in my case to keep using the DVD player for CD's? I know it might not be ideal but there is the remote control advantage. Any thoughts?

Thakns in advance,

Andre

Dave Nibeck

Stunt Coordinator
Your Technics player probably will not play CDR's but try it and see.

There is nothing wrong with using the DVD player to play CDs or CDRs.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I can almost guarantee it will not recognize CDRs, but it may have better DACs than your DVD player, so give it a shot to see how it sounds. Having a carousel might just be worth it too.

ZoranM

Stunt Coordinator
Give it a shot and see what happens. I have a 10+ year old Sherwood 5 disc carousel and cd-r's work fine, in fact in the last 5 years that I have had a burner(s) I have never had a cdr (all sorts of brands)not work in the Sherwood.

Cheers,

Zed

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks