What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Shot Down again :)... (1 Viewer)

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
So much for an interview request with Kevin Clash and Frank Oz. Just received a letter back from Seasame Workshop stating that due to the production schedule of the show, they would be to busy to commit time to an interview. But they did send back a cool cast photo that I beleive was signed by the human members of the cast, but the 'muppets' themselves had their names written down on it instead of the performers. I'll probably add it to my auto collection anyway :).

Now I've just gotta hope that my interview request for Dan Aykroyd gets through the mail to the proper people. Anyone a reporter here who does interviews regularly that has any tips for a rookie interviewer to be more successfull in landing 'em? :)

Joe Szott

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe S.
I'm not an interviewer but I would think maybe starting smaller and working your way up might be easiest. Hone your interviewing skills on people in your area or more minor celebrities to get a feel for the job and then maybe land a few gigs interviewing for a local paper or an online newsgroup?

I'm just thinking if you flip it around and look at it from the interviewee's perspective, then talking to someone who isn't a known interviewer or represents a news source then it isn't attractive. What's the benefit for them to give up their time?

Again, I don't know anything about interviewing. That's just the way I would approach it if I was starting from scratch.

Brian Johnson

Supporting Actor

Ronald Epstein lives in NJ. That'd be an interview I'd look forward to reading.

If you'd like to start really,really low you could interview me ;)

Good luck Neil......

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
I'd try special guests at colleges.

Vassar College has celebrities visiting all the time for stage productions. Lucy Lui,James Earl Jones and Sam Jackson have been there recently.

Joe Szott

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe S.

That's a great idea. I'm sure he wouldn't mind if you asked nicely and you have a built in audience to read it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samrinriya
Recent bookmarks