Shopping for a new TV.... advice needed

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Matt Butler, Dec 20, 2003.

1. Matt Butler

Matt Butler Screenwriter

Im looking for a new 16x9 hdtv. I have a couple models in mind right now but I can only afford around $1600. The models im looking at are a Mitsubishi WS48313 and a Panasonic (Cant remember the model number). Both are 47 and 48 inches and I have a 8 to 10 ft viewing dist. (I live in an apt).

A couple other brands im curious about are JVC and Samsung. And I am looking at projection.

If it helps I have a Yamaha HT5240 reciever and a Pioneer 563A DVD player with monster cables.

Any advice or suggestions?

Thanks

2. joey mr

joey mr Stunt Coordinator

well my advice is to go after the panny 47wx53 or the 53 wx53 after calibration this set will have just as good of a pic as the other ones or even better [​IMG] and to be honest this is probably the best bang for your buck set [​IMG]

3. Matt Butler

Matt Butler Screenwriter

Thanks Joey. The Panny 47wx53 is the one I was trying to think of in my earlier post. I could get a great deal now on it but was thinking of other options as well.

4. joey mr

matt belive me here i seen every type of set out there and to be honest the only other ones i would go for would be

the sony ws 510 46"

Mitsubishi WS48313 ( if it has the improved stretch modes )

5. Bruce-E

Bruce-E Stunt Coordinator

If you go with mits I would go with the 48413 which has quad focus.Sears carries this model.

6. joey mr

Bruce-E is this the model with the improved stretch mode 48413? mitts.

7. STLMIKE

STLMIKE Stunt Coordinator

One other thing to consider is the size of the room and depth of the top of the cabinet (if you're going to need to put a center channel up there).

I looked at the Panny a while back, and would have bought it except for the fact that my center channel was too big.

A lot of the Mits I've seen have bigger cabinets (which can also be a bad thing depending on the size of the room).