What's new

Shogun mini series (1 Viewer)

Stephen B

Stunt Coordinator
Anyone intrested in seeing this amazing mini series appear on dvd, respond with your thoughts or ideas that could make a great package.
steve
------------------
I'm Gonna Cook Ya, Then I'm gonna Fu*ken Eat Ya.

Phil Morris

Auditioning
I would certainly buy Shogun on DVD, assuming the transfer was a good one. I currently have it on PAL VHS - as you would expect from VHS the picture and sound isn't exactly brilliant.
I understand a full restoration of the Shogun material would cost over $1 million? Either that or a digital restoration could be done, but then the original negatives would be left to rot away ... A damn great shame. :-(
Phil

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
My wife is rabidly awaiting a DVD release of Shogun. She would easily spend $50 on it, no questions asked. I've never seen it, so I can't comment myself. But her - and her mom - are insanely in love with Shogun. I hope that public demand will justify a restoration and release of this feature on DVD, so she will be happy.
------------------
DAVE/Memphis
TV-DVD.jpg

MORE TV ON DVD, PLEASE!

Stephen B

Stunt Coordinator
my flat mate has the series on video, he purchased the box set on the net, I had never seen it before, and was blown away.
imagine commentary, making of's ( which could cover sets, costumes, music, location scouting ) interviews, bloopers.
if it existed of course.
does anyone know who controls the rights to it?
steve

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
Thanks to Martin Blythe and Paramount for coming up with the dvd set of Shogun that will be released on september 23
:emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks