What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

International Shock to release ORDINARY PEOPLE on Blu in Australia... (1 Viewer)

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I had to balance out the 'bit of good news' to make sure people didn't get too cocky and I'm certainly way out of my league with "A fews words ......"

Also with the backorders, it gives people a chance to change their mind

KMR

Second Unit
Real Name
Kevin
A bit of bad news: 1st quickie review from AUS wasn't kind. Best summary I can give was that it appeared to be a very old master with less than stellar results with increased noise and ??banding.

If anyone has a digital or streaming access - how does that look? The poster was going by memory said it looked very similar to what he remembered from an underwhelming Digital version.

If so it could explain why it's so cheap for a new release if it's just a recycled version from many years ago. It sounds much like the reviews from teh DVD and possibly they just repurposed the basic work they did in 2000

Disappointing to hear. The Paramount DVD is itself one of the worst (if not THE worst) DVDs I have seen from a major label. It's on par with typical releases from no-name budget labels. This title deserves a top-notch transfer. It was a stunning directorial debut from a veteran screen actor and rightfully took home 4 top Oscars in 1981.

Jeff F.

Second Unit
The HD digital version on iTunes doesn't look very good, either, and is most likely from an old master.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
The HD digital version on iTunes doesn't look very good, either, and is most likely from an old master.
So, in other words, the transfers for the various ORDINARY PEOPLE (1980) releases can't even be called ordinary, then? ;)

Seriously, this really sucks for the fans of this highly acclaimed film! OP deserves far better treatment than that!

CHEERS! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrharris
Recent bookmarks