What's new

BRAD1963

Supporting Actor
Real Name
BRAD
I watched it last night. The film really holds up well after 42 years. It's sad that Hollywood does not produce films like this anymore. Filmmaking is not like it was back in the day. The studios have lost their luster.

Martin_Teller

Second Unit
Real Name
Martin Teller
It really irks me that in this day and age some companies are still manufacturing Blu-Rays that don't have a resume feature. For someone who rarely has the time to watch a whole movie in one sitting, this is massively inconvenient.

lark144

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
mark gross
It really irks me that in this day and age some companies are still manufacturing Blu-Rays that don't have a resume feature. For someone who rarely has the time to watch a whole movie in one sitting, this is massively inconvenient.
Yes, Paramount Blus can be very irritating. Sometimes I mean to place the film briefly on hold, but press the stop button by accident, which is next to it, and the disc starts from the beginning again, with all those logos and warnings and other erratum, ad infinitum.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW

Yes, Paramount Blus can be very irritating. Sometimes I mean to place the film briefly on hold, but press the stop button by accident, which is next to it, and the disc starts from the beginning again, with all those logos and warnings and other erratum, ad infinitum.

Maybe it's a conspiracy to get us all to migrate to streaming! :lol:;) But yeah, I feel yah -- and just kidding about the streaming conspiracy of course... although it's already in 4K for streaming...

_Man_

Last edited:

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill

Just found out the Godfather 4K discs are the same way... goddamn Paramount
I believe the problem lies with whether or not BD Java is used in authoring the discs. With many of my Warner titles, particularly those that don't start up in my players with the spinning disc icon [a clear indicator that BD Java was involved in the authoring], the resume function will work. The Wonderful World of the Brothers Grimm is one of these. In the case of Paramount titles, the analogous logo is a silver Paramount mountain, surrounded by stars with the "A ViacomCBS Company" byline. Given that internet based interactive content has been all but abandoned on BD, I question why companies continue to author this way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks