What's new

Sho Kosugi ninja series (1 Viewer)

Randy*S

Second Unit
Real Name
Randy
I bought Revenge of the Ninja when it came out and was wondering if they were any news about the rest of Sho's ninja movies (Enter The Ninja, Pray For Death, Ninja 3 The Domniation) coming out as well?

I would love to have "pray for death" and "Enter the ninja" to round out my Sho Collection.

walter o

Supporting Actor
MGM owns all of them, and a few years ago, they were running PRAY FOR DEATH on cable, so hopefully, Sony's purchase of MGM wount put a roadblock to this!

Jeffrey Nelson

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeffrey Nelson
REVENGE OF THE NINJA is far and away the best...love MGM's DVD of this goody, and it's even the uncut version!

Second best is PRAY FOR DEATH, the butchered version of which was released on VHS on the U.S.A. video label in the '80s. I'd love to see an uncut version of this get released to DVD...

ENTER THE NINJA I thought was absolutely horrible...Christopher George turns in one of the worst villainous performances I've ever seen.

NINJA 3: THE DOMINATION is fun, but not overly memorable, unless you're a hardcore Lucinda Dickey fan (and I know there must be some of you out there).

And finally, NINE DEATHS OF THE NINJA is merely Vijay Armitraj's home movie. Nobody could pay me to sit through that again.

Mike_Richardson

Supporting Actor
I love NINJA III: THE DOMINATION. One of the only Cannon Ninja films to get decent mainstream reviews! (I even think it even scores **1/2 stars in Leonard Maltin's book).

ENTER THE NINJA is on DVD in England, I believe it's a full-screen PAL job and probably doesn't look so hot.

Ian_H

Supporting Actor

Hell yeah! Breakin' and Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo! Also don't know if you noticed IMDB has a listing for a movie called Return of the Ninja starring Sho! I can't wait for that!

--Ian

Jeffrey Nelson

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeffrey Nelson
Not true...the DVD is open-matte, and I find the screen compositions to be quite satisfactory. From my post of a couple years ago at DVD Maniacs:

ChristianB

Stunt Coordinator
Who can't forget the "Golf Course massacre" at the beginning of Ninja III: The Domination :D

Also, speaking of Ninjas, I'm waiting for MGM to release the 1980 classic The Octagon

-Christian

walter o

Supporting Actor
Christian,

THE OCTAGON is already out on DVD, from label Trinity, they released FORCE OF ONE as well. Both feature making of and trailer. It is a open matte transfer.

Mattias_ka

Supporting Actor
Enter the Ninja is cut on R2 DVD. I have the uncut Japanese laserdisc.

Revenge of the Ninja is on a good R1 dvd. I also have the Japanese laserdisc (SUPERB cover) and the Swedish VHS

Ninja 3 is not out on DVD as far as I know. I GREAT movie! I have the Japanese laserdisc.

Jacob McCraw

Stunt Coordinator

Fucking right doggy! This film is VERY memorable if you saw it 200 times on cable when you were growing up!

I know quite a few people that are waiting for a nice DVD of Ninja III: The Domination.

Jeffrey Nelson

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeffrey Nelson
I guess REVENGE OF THE NINJA is the one I bonded with first...saw it numerous times uncut on HBO back in the good old days of '84-'85. NINJA 3 I didn't like as much, but to be fair, I don't think I've seen it since the mid-'80s. I should give it another go.

I'd also recommend AVENGING FORCE, with Michael Dudikoff and the great Steve James. Not a Ninja picture, but an excellent low-budget Cannon action thriller nonetheless, and my second favorite of that ilk from that distributor/studio/whatever the hell they were (my favorite Cannon-produced film is Tobe Hooper's vastly underrated sci-fi/horror epic LIFEFORCE).

Haven't seen AMERICAN NINJA yet...can you believe it?

Has anyone here seen an uncut version of PRAY FOR DEATH?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks