What's new

Hulu Normal People (Hulu/BBC Limited Series) (1 Viewer)

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I watched this when it came out back in 2020, but it didn't quite sink in. I guess it wasn't the right time for me to appreciate it. Then I revisited it last year, and it completely knocked me out.

It's a wonderful and unusual bit of storytelling. Not conventional at all, and it requires letting go of expectations and anticipation of conventional story arcs. This time around it worked incredibly well. It's 12 episodes of about 25 minutes each, so it's not a significant time commitment, but it's a huge emotional commitment. Also, it's surprisingly unreserved and graphic. I'd say it frequently ventures into hard 'R' territory with both language and content. so be prepared. It won't resonate for a lot of people, but for those who it does, it really does.

cinerama10

Supporting Actor
Real Name
peter
I watched this when it came out back in 2020, but it didn't quite sink in. I guess it wasn't the right time for me to appreciate it. Then I revisited it last year, and it completely knocked me out.

It's a wonderful and unusual bit of storytelling. Not conventional at all, and it requires letting go of expectations and anticipation of conventional story arcs. This time around it worked incredibly well. It's 12 episodes of about 25 minutes each, so it's not a significant time commitment, but it's a huge emotional commitment. Also, it's surprisingly unreserved and graphic. I'd say it frequently ventures into hard 'R' territory with both language and content. so be prepared. It won't resonate for a lot of people, but for those who it does, it really does.

A fantastic award winning IRISH tv series .I watched it on our free-to-air Tv channel. One of the years best tv series. One episode contains full frontal male nudity.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I should have mentioned it's Irish (the credits said BBC), but available in the US on Hulu. Also, on Hulu there's a lot more than just one incidence of full male (or female) nudity. I don't consider it gratuitous, but it does verge on NC-17 at times. It's just worth being aware of when considering where to watch it, and who with.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks