What's new

Shenmue on Saturn?! Its true.. video inside! (1 Viewer)

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
I'm downloading it now, I've always wondered how the Saturn version looked in motion. I remembber when this game was Virtua Fighter RPG :)
Jeff Kleist

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Very Sweet!! That puts a large number of top quality PS1 games to shame. I can honestly say that I am utterly impressed!
Now I am going to play my DC version :)

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Wolf, it's footage from a very early version of the game that became Shen Mue. It was originally on the Saturn before it was cancelled due to difficulties in its developemnt & the death of the Saturn market.
This footage is on the disk accompanying Shen Mue 2 in Japan (on the Dreamcast), that's why it's only just came out.
------------------
Nothing In Particular

Andre F

Screenwriter
Wow, this looks rather ambitious for a Saturn title. Sega has always known how to make a great game.
-Andre
------------------
-= Take your stinking paws off me you damn dirty ape! =-

Calvin Watts III

Supporting Actor
This just reenforces my belief that Sega is one of the best game developers ever. That clip was something else - I just hope they include it on the Shenmue II US release :)
Calvin
patriot.gif

------------------
"Never give up!!! .......... Never surrender!!!!!!!!!."

AndyVX

Supporting Actor
Wow, that really is amazing! To think that the Saturn was capable of so much, yet it died an untimely death(same with DC). So sad...
Oh well, to look on the bright side though, at least we got an even better version of the game running on the DC + we are getting a second Shenmue game also.
Andrew
------------------
ICQ# - 119869807

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
I'm amazed how good it looked on the Saturn. I'm sure it'll be on the US release, Sega is not known for screwing its customers in America if they can help it (removal of online play had to do with the fact that the US network was run on totally different software)

Wolf Jenkins

Stunt Coordinator
Ahh. thanks.
That is pretty darn amazing.
Sega does kick - I love my DC; just wish more people had bought them.
I must admit, if there is never a Skies of Arcadia sequel, I may go crazy.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks