What's new

Sex & the Single Girl (1964): BD Edition Long Overdue (1 Viewer)

cineescape

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
gregory
While only the first half or so of this otherwise unique comedy romp remains flavorful-mostly due, of course, to everything about Natalie Wood-it's Neil Hefti's score that provides the real magic. His orchestral arrangements are superb; and those harpsichord & sax riffs still give me goosebumps.

Sadly, like most movie soundtrack releases, the CD album from FSM has none of the original Hefti takes used for the movie release.

Long overdue is a BD edition with the remastered original soundtrack in lossless DTS MA sound!

Hoping Criterion, Kino, Arrow or VCI will act on my request.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
I have Sex & the Single Girl on DVD. It's high time I watched it again! I've admired Neil Hefti's work ever since hearing what he did with Count Basie, Doris Day and Frank Sinatra. I'll keep my ears wide open!

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I haven't watched it in ages, so I need to do something about that. Yes, I'm very surprised Warner Archive hasn't issued a Blu-ray for it yet.

DarkVader

Second Unit
Real Name
Carlos
There are 3 "Natalie" titles I have on my "Warner Archive Collection" Blu-ray Wish List:

Sex and the Single Girl
All the Fine Young Cannibals (this film in particular has never had a home video release, to my knowledge)
Splendor in the Grass

borisfw

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
I am definitely a fan of this movie. Both Wood and Curtis are fun and the music is great. But Henry Fonda , in a roll not what you'd expect of him, is a riot.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks