What's new

Settings for Pioneer Elite Pro 520HD?? (1 Viewer)

JoeyT

Stunt Coordinator
Hello all,
Just made a closeout purchase on the Pioneer Elite Pro 520HD and could not be more excited.
The new set arrives Tuesday and I am interested in settings that any of you that own this set have made or features you recommend enabling/disabling. I want to get it up and running prime ASAP.
Thanks for the tips in advance.
:)

greg_t

Screenwriter
I don't have one of these yet, as I'm waiting on the 530 to come out, but the best way to start is to pick up a copy of Avia or video essentials so you can get the contrast, sharpness, etc. set right. I've also read that you should leave the set on continously for the first 100 hours, but I would get that confirmed by one of our local HTF calibrators before I would do it.

Michael_V

Second Unit
I've also read that you should leave the set on continously for the first 100 hours, but I would get that confirmed by one of our local HTF calibrators before I would do it.
I am fairly certain that is not a good idea!

Calibration with AVIA or VE, particularly to get that contrast down to reasonable level, is always a great place to start.

Serious calibration should probably wait until after a hundred or so hours of normal viewing.

JoeyT

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks,

Ordered AVIA just a few minutes ago.

I was considering waiting for the 530, but at the deep discount level on the remaining 520s I could not justify the added cost of DVI input.

Anyone have any other suggestions:
-like do you use the black enhance?
-Light level meter that sets brightness automatically?
-color/contrast/etc... levels you use? (my goal is to fine tune my set if possible and not reinvent the wheel if I dont have to).

Thanks again!

Matt_Key

Agent
On your dvd input, before you setup with avia, turn off svm, black level enhance, fleshtone, and the auto brightness.

On your cable/sat input you may want to play with these options as channel quality can vary.

Matt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks