What's new

Setting Channel Levels (1 Viewer)

Mikey H

Auditioning
Real Name
Mike
I just got the Pioneer HTP-2700 home theater with the SX-316-S receiver. Everything is hooked up right as far as I can tell. I have no sound at all coming from all speakers. I went to the channel level setup and have no clue as what to set all them at as they are as all at 0.0 db. When I do the test I hear the sound from all the speakers as it goes through them and looks like the volume on that is at -18 when its testing. I have to crank it up bout all the way to hear anything right now and its quite faint. If anyone can guide me in any recommended levels to set at for all channels I would be so greatful. Thank you in advance. This is a 5.1 system

Ed Moxley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ed
To get them set right, you really need an SPL (sound pressure level) meter, and an HT Tune Up disc (Avia, Sound & Vision Tune Up disc, or Digital Video Essentials). You can get the SPL meter at Radio Shack. Most prefer the analog meter, but the digital meter will work. All three of those, and more, are here:
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw...9&Go.y=8&Go=Go
Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks