What's new

series connection for shakers.... (1 Viewer)

Eric Samonte

Screenwriter
For the experts out there, I have a question. I currently am running 2 50 watt 4 ohm Aura shakers per channel connected in series to make 8 ohms. Is there a way to connect 3 of these on one channel. If I remember right, one can put in a resistor in the series connection to make 16 ohms which wouldn't harm the amp. Or am I wrong all over?

DavidLW

Stunt Coordinator
You would be better off connecting all three in series to get 12 Ohms rather than add a resistor to get 16 Ohms.

If you want to work at it, what you need to do is create 2 16 Ohms load and hook them up in pararell. Another words, you need to add a 12 Ohm resistor to the single shaker and an 8 Ohm resister to the two shakers in series. Then hook up the two 16 Ohm loads in pararell. The amp will now see about 8 Ohms. I don't know if the added resister will have any effect on the output of the shakers.

PaulT

Supporting Actor
What is the amp? If you connect one shaker in series with 2 paralleled your load will be 6 ohms.

|
/
4 4
/
|

most amps shouldn't mind a 6 ohm load.

Eric Samonte

Screenwriter
Hey thanks for the reply guys. Paul, its just a stereo receiver so I believe anything below 8 ohm will kill it. David, I don't know why I didn't think of that in the first place. I got them running now in said config. Thanks a bunch again!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks