What's new

before I finish the drywall bass shaker question (1 Viewer)

Don.l

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Don
Hey all. Before I finish hanging the drywall (thank God it's almost done), I want to make sure I have any and all cables that I need or could possibly need. I'm wondering about a couple of things.
1. I am going to install Bass Shakers. Will have 4 seats and one shaker per seat. I will carpet. Is it OK to have the speaker wire under the carpet? Also according to the diagram here http://www.partsexpress.com/pdf/series%20parallel.pdf
you will connect two together with + to + and - to - and then connect the other two together the same way. You connect the two pairs together by connecting the negative of one pair to the positive of the other pair. How do you do this? Do you cut the wires and make like a three way connection at those points? Also, I don'tknow exactly where I want my sub. I have run cable for the sub in two possible locations (front and back). I want the sub to be close to the amp that I connect the bass shakers too. I hope this makes since. Essentially, I just want to know what is the best way to run all of the extra speaker cable. I don't think going through the walls is the best idea. I would think under the carpet would be best.
Thanks

chris_everett

Second Unit
I'd avoid going under the carpet in areas where the carpet will be walked on. You've got the right idea on the wiring. Make sure you end up with the correct impedance.

Don.l

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Don
I thought about that. I think the only way is to go under the carpet. I will just have to make sure the wire doesn't get walked on. Also, how do you make a 3 way connection? Just twist all the wires together, and tape it?

Thanks for you advice.
Don

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks