What's new

Self servicing DVD player (1 Viewer)

karthik

Auditioning
Is there any information available on-line or otherwise on how to service a DVD player? My Sony DVPS360 died last week and it is out of warranty. I have tried all the usual fixes including cleaning the lens with no luck. A preliminary quote from a Sony service center for repairing it was $150 which puts it very close to the range of a new player.

That said, I would like to "play" with my existing player some more and see if I can get it to work. So would like some suggestions on how to get started...

Dave Kalloch

Stunt Coordinator
Ken, would you mind forwarding that info to me? I have the same problem with my Sony (seems this model is a real dog):frowning:

karthik

Auditioning
Ken,
I tried the auto-alignment feature but it would not recognize the disc. Actually tried it about 4 times as one of the posts suggested that it might work after multiple tries with no luck. Then I actually opened the box and tried cleaning the lens with inert gas and then a Q-tip.
I looks like the optical source is working (I can see the laser beam) but the player refuses to recognize any disc...
Dave, here is the link that describes the service menu option
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...=no+disc+error
Karthik.

Dave Kalloch

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks, karthik, have'nt checked here for a few days, just found this. I'll give it a try.

Thanks again.

ToddJ

Second Unit
Is the auto-alignment feature only for Sony DVD players or all of them? I am having a similar problem with my Philips DVD940 player, but I don't know how to go about aligning it....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks