What's new

select seperate audio/video sources on Sony receiver (1 Viewer)

MarcusDiddle

Stunt Coordinator
I've got a Sony STR-DE885. The inputs on the back are marked specifically for individual components (ie. TV, DVD, CD, etc...).

Here's the problem; I'd like to set the VIDEO source to DVD, and the AUDIO source to CD. The reason for this is I have no optical in on the receiver marked for DVD, but I do have one for CD/SACD.

I can make this selection manually by going to the receiver, hitting MODE next to the bottom right dial, and then setting VISUAL to DVD, and AUDIO to CD/SACD. Everything works fine. But I cannot SAVE that setting! It defaults back to original settings the second I switch to a different component.

Any ideas how to save the settings as a custom Mode?

Nathan Stohler

Second Unit
Real Name
Nathan Stohler
Marcus,

I have the exact same receiver. There is no way to save this setting. You are stuck with manually switching the video each time.

I am using the MD/DAT (audio) and DVD (video) inputs for my universal player, but switching the video manually is only a minor inconvenience for me, since I only use the player for SACD/DVD-A and rarely need the video.

--Nathan

MarcusDiddle

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah I suppose it is a minor inconvenience to have to switch the audio setting whenever I watch a movie. But I really would've liked to be able to save the setting! My friend just dropped a grand on a new Onkyo receiver, which lets you assign any audio input to any video input and then save and name that mode. That would be nice!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks