What's new

Se7en Cut? (1 Viewer)

Tanner

Stunt Coordinator
My brother and I just watched the NL Platinum edition of Se7evn. My bro claims that just before Pitt and Freeman enter the undergound hotel where the "Lust" murder occours owner says something to the effect "Hey you have to pay to get in here". This line/scene is missing from my DVD. Anyone notice this missing or is my brother mistaken about the line?

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
That sounds like a line in "Terminator" where Arnie goes into the club without paying.

At that point in 'Seven' Pitt and Freeman are arriving at a crime scene, and the uniformed officers have already secured the scene, so I doubt the owner would say that.

Richard Kim

Senior HTF Member
That sounds alot like the claim that some people have made that they actually saw Gweneth Paltrow's head in the box.

AllanN

Supporting Actor
I just watched it last night with the DTS track and im fairly sure it was there. Ill go back and watch that scene again.

Josh Pounds

Stunt Coordinator
This is off-topic....but I think the reason folks think they can see Miss Paltrow's head in the box is because there's a one-frame flash of her face as Brad Pitt realizes the horror of the situation...people kinda put those two things together and visualize something much more disturbing than is ever shown...our minds are wonderful things, no?

cafink

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl Fink
Here's the shot in question:
Link Removed
I don't remember the exact time or point at which the above image is flashed on the screen, but it's not hard to spot if you're looking for it. It occurs right as Josh described it, as Brad Pitt discovers what's in the box.

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
I'm not saying the shot isn't there, but I sure never noticed it!

Rest assured that I'll be popping this DVD in real soon...

TheoGB

Screenwriter
There's definitey no 'head in a box' shot as I left the cinema wondering if the foetus was in fact what the box contained.

Watching it again the diaglogue made it clear, but me and my girlfriend independently lept to that conclusion. Weird...

Paul_D

Senior HTF Member
Watching it again the diaglogue made it clear, but me and my girlfriend independently lept to that conclusion. Weird...
I'm sure there's a subliminal shot of Gwyneth Paltrow towards the end. It isn't her head in the box, but it is her head. I think. ;)
edit: stupid stupid Paul. you couldn't even spend the time to read the last 4 posts! :b I didn't see there's a cap of the subliminal shot in question.

Rich Romero

Supporting Actor
Actually, it's 2:00:04. Hehe. ;) Anyway, if you look at it for a while, it DOES look like a shot of her in the box. You can see strands of hair to the left draped over something (cardboard box). Thanks for pointing this out Angel, I'd never noticed it before, and I'm usually very observent. It now seems so obvious.

Aaron Reynolds

Screenwriter
Real Name
Aaron Reynolds
There has been one change to Se7en between the theatrical version and all home video versions:

In the end credits, Pigface was not originally credited for the remix of Closer heard under the opening credits. This has been corrected for home video.

Ha! And you thought it would be something neat or exciting because I put it in spoiler tags. Tricked ya!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks