What's new

Press Release Scream Factory Press Release: Friday The 13th Deluxe Edition (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
The worse alignment issue on the original film print was the scene where the rat walked out toward the camera with Edna looking on. With whatever process Dolby developed for 3D (color spectrum) it got completely rid of that error as well as others.

I have the other version in 3D and that scene looks great from my Benq HT3550 DLP projector on the 130 inch screen.

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
If I preorder directly from Shout when do they bill me? Right away or right before it ships in October? Or is there an occasional card hold for my pre-order to be kept?

Last edited:

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
All I know is for the greater majority of purchasers, the disc for Part III 3D will likely end up as a coaster.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
I think this is going to sell out rather quickly. I mean if RAD(1986) can sell all 12,000 limited copies in a few short days, I would expect at least as much from this popular 80's series.

just placed a pre order to be on the safe side. If it turns up cheaper on amazon I can always cancel

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Shout Factory posted today that they're already down to the last 500 copies that they'll be selling. I assume they'll either increase the number they're going to make or they'll also have an edition that isn't in a nice box.

I'm astonished that these movies- even with previous Blu-ray releases- is selling this well.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I’ve decided that as much as I’d like a proper 3D disc of #3, I’m not willing to spend over $100 for a set of movies I otherwise have no interest in. If they ever make #3 available on its own, I’d buy that.
Not that I can blame you for not spending more than $150 on basically one movie but I don't think they'll release that one for sale by itself. There's only one time I can remember Shout selling a movie from a box set (the producer's cut of Halloween 6) but I suppose it's possible since there is a market of 3-D enthusiasts out there.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I’ve decided that as much as I’d like a proper 3D disc of #3, I’m not willing to spend over $100 for a set of movies I otherwise have no interest in. If they ever make #3 available on its own, I’d buy that.
DItto.

Hard to believe they've already sold over 14000 copies of a set that has been issued repeatedly in the past on several formats. I'm guessing speculators are buying multiples for resale.

Vive la disque!

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
In better times, I might have made a different decision but I have income limitations I didn’t have before and babies to feed, so it’s just one of those things where I can’t justify $150 on movies I have absolutely no interest in watching. The 3D collector in me is probably disappointed in my wallet, but what can you do?

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
FWIW, I just preordered this morning. I've got the sets for Freddy and Michael...figured why not Jason, too.

revgen

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dan
Just to clarify my previous post, Shout is only selling 7,000 copies on their site (and they've got 500 copies left). The other 6,000 are destined for other retailers so it's only at Shout's site that it's almost gone.

It will be 20,000 units. 7000 will be issued with the exclusive poster/litho from Shout Factory's website, and 13,000 standard editions for retailers.

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
I’ve preordered the Shout exclusive. I don’t buy as much as I used to, but as I missed out on the set from several years ago, so I’m very inclined to jump on this. All I have of these movies are the DVDs.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks