What's new

Scott Atwell Star Trek Discussion thread (Series and Films) (5 Viewers)

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Nelson,Thank you for your impressions of the event you attended. I appreciated reading your thoughts on it very much. And I would have loved to have been there as well. But I have to ask, was Nichelle really given some 'honorary plagues' or was it something else? ;)

Neil S. Bulk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil S. Bulk
Lou Sytsma said:
So Neil - first impressions of the book?
Full disclosure, I read the PDF of it two years ago and I'm thanked inside of it.

However, the printed final version is gorgeous. I've been flipping through it, revisiting sections. It's everything you could want to know about the making of the first movie. You may have read other making of books, but to borrow a phrase, there is no comparison.

Neil

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
You're welcome guys, I figured you'd be interested in hearing what happened at the Cushman book signing. I'll post a picture from last night if you're interestedThanks Neil for the review of the Return to Tomorrow book. Boy I'm really looking forward to reading it and the third Cushman book. Which one to read first, it will be hard to decide!

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Thanks Neil! And yes, please do Nelson.

Our next toy to buy?

Star Trek III Movie Phaser Light-Up Prop Replica with Sound

DC644885lg.jpg

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Lou, the phasers keep popping out of the woodwork!

Here are the pics from last night. They are from an iPhone, I didn't have my proper camera with me.

Awardplaque.jpg

Sean Kenney, Nichelle Nichols, Cupertino official and fan, head of the library in blue shirt and Marc Cushman

I_was_reading.jpg

Kenney helping Ms. Nichols and Marc Cushman looks on.

I_was_singing.jpg

"I was singing."

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
Great pictures! It seems like a worthwhile evening. Did you get to ask anything?Thanks for the review, Neil. I can hardly wait for the book to arrive. I emailed them again, as Nelson did, to remind them of my order and my existence. I'll let you know if I hear anything back.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
"Think about music, Scott". :) Definitely worth the effort to see them that night, Lee! I feel like it was likely more satisfying then the big convention going on this weekend right now. Wow, I was flipping on the TV and see the Love Boat is on. I couldn't quite figure out who one very familiar looking actress was who looked like she was being wooed by Bob Denver. It was Miri herself! Kim Darby.

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
I finally found the CBS Watch magazine featuring the history of Star Trek. It's nicely made; as Scott surmised, very little is new, although there are a few unfamiliar photos. Not all that accurate or informative for people researching the actual history of the series, but a nice sort of scrapbook for the initiated.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the reminder Lee. With so many things going on, I forgot about the heads up from Scott on this magazine. I see it's available on-line for purchase. Did you find it at a newsstand or something?

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
Our local retail book store is Hastings and they have a magazine section. It wasn't there last week or the week before, but it was there today.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
That's interesting, I've never seen that magazine before and when I go to the bookstore I usually look around. I could have easily missed it though. Thanks.

Neil S. Bulk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil S. Bulk
FanCollector said:
Not all that accurate or informative for people researching the actual history of the series, but a nice sort of scrapbook for the initiated.
You could say the same thing (regarding accuracy) about the Marc Cushman books, but that hasn't stopped some people from swearing by them.

I found my magazine at a Ralphs super market. It's nice looking and yes, there are some silly errors in it (Talos IV was not shot in the California desert). But I actually did learn something from it and there are images in it I've never seen before.

Neil

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Lee, I was about to post if the question was still on people's minds. I would say the answer is more related to a list of people.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Neil, good to know the magazine is readily available as you and Lee has found in regular retail locations. Perhaps Barnes and Noble would have it then.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks