What's new

Scott Atwell Star Trek Discussion thread (Series and Films) (7 Viewers)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Hi Lou, according to the tracking information, the package was left by UPS at a U.S. post office last night about 5 miles from where I am at work! I don't know why Thinkgeek arranges shipment this way. Must be cheaper or faster? At any rate, the postal carrier is supposed to deliver it to my place of work today. I'm crossing fingers it arrives intact and on schedule.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Since you asked Lou, I picked up a package today at the shipping department where I work that's from Thinkgeek. It should contain a 23rd Century artifact. I'll let you know when I get home tonight from work. :)

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Lee,And don't yas be finding your next trivia question from out of your new book. 'Cause I don't wanna be hearing any more cracks about the book. Right? Check. ;)

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
All right...with all this talk of phasers, which episode was the last one to feature the successful firing of a hand phaser?

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Lee, are you referring to phaser 1 and not the pistol?That's a tough one. Could it be, the small box that can kill in A Private Little War?

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
Sorry! I worded it confusingly. I just meant a phaser that isn't a ship's phaser. It would include the pistol. (Although I like the idea of answering for both versions of the phaser.)

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
I don't know this answer off hand. But I did think of That Which Survives as it's a third-season episode and the phaser fires successfully. But you're speaking of a hand phaser and not a pistol, so I may have to cogitate the possibilities for a time as I don't recall which type was fired in that episode when they are trying to cut into the planet's surface.

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
Again, Scott, I was making a different distinction. The pistol counts, although That Which Survives isn't last.Nelson, you got it right! There is an alternate answer, depending on how one counts, but yes, Requiem for Methuselah contained the last phaser effect created for the series.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Nelson,Nicely done.

Lee,

Is the 'depending on how one counts' related to production vs. airdate ordering, or something else?

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
Exactly right, Scott. I just didn't want to say that right away because it would have led you immediately to the correct answer(s).

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Nelson Au said:
Oh, sorry Lou!I guess I felt like I needed to suffer a little too before I indulge. Isn't that good for the soul?
Indeed. It is not very logical but it is often very true. ;)

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
Just received my notice from Creature Features that my order from July 21st is complete. I assume I can interpret that as a shipping notice. We shall see...

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Oh, so you got an email Lee? That's great. So I hope I get one soon! That's great news.I've been getting home late recently and I've started into the These Are The Voyages book very minimally. Just read the forward by David Gerrold and started into the first chapter about the battle with NBC Gene Roddenberry is continuing. So I'll look forward to getting into it more.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks