What's new

Scott Atwell Star Trek Discussion thread (Series and Films) (4 Viewers)

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
No, I think you got them all. That was a fun idea for a question. I never thought about that before. I suppose it was a relatively rare occurrence because the dramatic templates are usually variations of "stranger comes to town" or "our guys go somewhere new." Having one of our people coming back as a start is an interesting third course.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Lee. I hadn't thought of it either. It is an interesting way to get the story rolling and creates the Macguffin that our heroes must resolve.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Lee,Please feel free to take a question. I'll just keep mine in reserve for the time being.Although this won't alter the scoring for Nelson's question, I have this nagging feeling that there may be at least one more instance. I'll think on it for a time (yes, a short time).

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Scott, I'll be very interested if you find another instance when an Enterprise crew member beams aboard the Enterprise during the teaser! :)

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
Sorry to read that Sarah Marshall died over the weekend. I always thought she was distinctive; not quite like the other actresses who got the same kind of parts. She had such a lovely voice, which may have been part of it. She certainly added some layers to what was one of Kirk's more complicated relationships on Star Trek.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I didn't know that Lee. I recently saw her in an episode of Thriller. Her appearance there and on The Twilight Zone are surprising because her appearance, or hair, is so different, I didn't recognize her. Until I heard her voice, as you point out Lee. Nice to see she had a long and varied career.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Going back to the problem of Mr. Kyle. I was listening to The Omega Glory. It seems Mr. Galloway has the same problem. Kirk referred to him as Mr. Gallway and Spock calls him Galloway. Maybe he was confused because he dies by Captain Tracy's treachery and come back to life later on? :)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
It dawned on me today that perhaps there's a reason for Kirk mispronouncing names. It's a very flimsy theory. :). I wondered based on Space Seed, it was made for a short time, a running gag for Kirk to get names wrong of the crew in lower decks starting with 'McGivers'. Then going to Kyle and then Galloway.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
And just to keep things going, how about a flimsy trivia question?Name all the people and things that Mr. Gary Seven put to sleep or zapped with his servo?

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
Interesting theory, and one that at the very least gives William Shatner every benefit of the doubt!Mister Seven zaps the security guard with the goofy smile outside the brig.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Gary Seven zaps a couple more redshirts as well. I can't recall if there were any more than that.

56obr21.jpg

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Nelson,Leslie looks a bit too comfortable in that shot. Perhaps he is dreaming of chicken soup? Or maybe Ruth. ;)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
If you guys are still game, there's still a few objects that Seven zaps with his servo.My workload recently has kept me from reading the new revised These Are The Voyages Season 1. I guess it's hard to read having just read nearly the entire first book. But I want to get back into it.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Nelson,Ahh, I missed 'things' above and was thinking only of persons. How about the lock to the door (on Earth) and the force field (when he's locked away) on the Enterprise?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks