What's new

Scott Atwell Star Trek Discussion thread (Series and Films) (17 Viewers)

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Joel Fontenot said:
No, you're right, he did the original Romulan Bird of Pray.
Joel,
Okay, great.
Here is the next question. Name six episodes of Trek in which we hear the name Brahms or a piece of music by Brahms. The films are excluded from this question. :)

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Radioman970 said:
I don't remember that shot being used! I do remember that white creature though.
Radioman,
It's fairly early on in the episode, when Kirk and Spock are discussing the planet (before Spock gets shot).

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
That Brahms question was a tough one, I'm not surprised no one has answered it yet. I had to look it up, but that was cheating!
Regarding the Bird of Prey, from what I understand, the way it was made, it was a hollow vaccum formed model and it did not survive after it was first filmed for Balance of Terror. That's why you see the same shots in the Deadly Years. I have to concrete evidence to back that up, but it's what I read.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Ockeghem said:
Radioman,
It's fairly early on in the episode, when Kirk and Spock are discussing the planet (before Spock gets shot).
I'm about to restart watching the series with "The Cage". It'll be awhile before I get to this one but I'll look for it and remember this thread. :)

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Nelson Au said:
That Brahms question was a tough one, I'm not surprised no one has answered it yet. I had to look it up, but that was cheating!
Regarding the Bird of Prey, from what I understand, the way it was made, it was a hollow vaccum formed model and it did not survive after it was first filmed for Balance of Terror. That's why you see the same shots in the Deadly Years. I have to concrete evidence to back that up, but it's what I read.
Nelson Au,
Sorry. It's not much fun if the questions are too difficult. I do hope people thought to include Leah "Brahms" in the question. That makes it a bit easier.
Hint: One episode is from TOS, four are from TNG, and one is from VOY.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Radioman970 said:
I'm about to restart watching the series with "The Cage". It'll be awhile before I get to this one but I'll look for it and remember this thread. :)
Radioman,
I'd say you're in for a treat. :) I watched A Taste of Armageddon last night. There are so many things to enjoy (and debate!) about that episode. To me, it's always been one of the more underrated (or perhaps it's better to say least talked about) episodes of TOS.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Scott-
I knew the TOS Brahms, the others I had to cheat and look up!
Here are the answers I think you're looking for:
1. TOS- Requeum for Methuselah. Spock plays the waltz on Flint's piano
2. TNG- Booby Trap. Geordi has a date on the Holodeck and a violinist plays a Brahms piece.
3. TNG- Data's Day. Data suggests a Brahms piece to calm O'Brien.
4. TNG- Galaxy's Child. Geordi finds a nice Brahms piece to impress Dr. Leah Brahms at a dinner date. Poor Geordi, can't win with women.
5. TNG-Sarak. During a recital, apparently meant as Mozart piece, it is actually a Brahms Sextet.
6. Voyager- Timeless. Janeway has Brahms playing in her quarters right before dinner with Chakotay.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Nelson Au said:
Scott-
I knew the TOS Brahms, the others I had to cheat and look up!
Here are the answers I think you're looking for:
1. TOS- Requeum for Methuselah. Spock plays the waltz on Flint's piano
2. TNG- Booby Trap. Geordi has a date on the Holodeck and a violinist plays a Brahms piece.
3. TNG- Data's Day. Data suggests a Brahms piece to calm O'Brien.
4. TNG- Galaxy's Child. Geordi finds a nice Brahms piece to impress Dr. Leah Brahms at a dinner date. Poor Geordi, can't win with women.
5. TNG-Sarak. During a recital, apparently meant as Mozart piece, it is actually a Brahms Sextet.
6. Voyager- Timeless. Janeway has Brahms playing in her quarters right before dinner with Chakotay.
Nelson,
Well done! Those are exactly the six episodes I was thinking of, and your examples are spot on.
You're next. :)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I don't deserve that win, I had to look it up!
Try this:
Name an actor and the character he/she played in TOS that was reprised in a later series. This does not count Ricardo Montalban's Khan.
Opps, forgot to add, this does not include Leonard Nimoy, Deforest Kelley, James Doohan or Mark Lenard.

Paul Padilla

Supporting Actor
Name an actor and the character he/she played in TOS that was reprised in a later series.
That last one was way over my head, but I'll take a stab here.
John Colicos-Kur (sp?)
Michael Ansara-Kang
William Campbell-Koloth (Really wish Trelane would have made another appearance...maybe related to the Q Continum)
From three separate episodes in TOS, appeared in DS9 "Blood Oath"

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Nelson Au said:
I don't deserve that win, I had to look it up!
Try this:
Name an actor and the character he/she played in TOS that was reprised in a later series. This does not count Ricardo Montalban's Khan.
Opps, forgot to add, this does not include Leonard Nimoy, Deforest Kelley, James Doohan or Mark Lenard.
Nelson,
If I understand the question correctly, you mean a TOS character that was reprised, yes? Maybe Roger C. Carmel would qualify, as he played Harcourt Fenton Mudd in two episodes of TOS, and then that character was reprised in a later series (TAS). I'm guessing that you mean someone else, however (e.g., John Colicos = Kor, William Campbell = Koloth, and Michael Ansara = Kang; each of them reprised their roles in at least one episode of DS9). If it's a non-Trek series, then you've got me.
Whoops--just noticed that Paul got in there before me. If we're correct, then it's your turn next. :)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Yes, you're all correct. But I was thinking of someone else as I honestly totally forgot about Kor, Kang and Koloth!! You guys got me, good going!
I was thinking of Charlie Brill who played Arne Darvin in The Trouble With Tribbles and DS9 Trials and Tribulations.
Paul is next!

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Nelson Au said:
Yes, you're all correct. But I was thinking of someone else as I honestly totally forgot about Kor, Kang and Koloth!! You guys got me, good going!
I was thinking of Charlie Brill who played Arne Darvin in The Trouble With Tribbles and DS9 Trials and Tribulations.
Paul is next!
Nelson et al.,
Just a slight aside: I watched Silk Stalkings a few years ago when the program was on the air. I never knew at the time (and in fact, only found out when I eventually saw Trials and Tribble-ations years later) that Charlie Brill was the same man who had played Arne Darvin in the original The Trouble With Tribbles! What a coup of Ira Behr's to land him in that succeeding role. There is a very neat special feature on the DVDs addressing just what circumstances had to happen (and in what order) for that role to be reprised by Brill. Great stuff.

Kevin Hewell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Hewell
(Jonathan Frakes) Riker was in TNG, DS9, VOY, and ENT (in DS9 he was his "brother").
(Marina Sirtis) Troi was in TNG, VOY, and ENT.
(Dwight Schultz) Barkley was in TNG and VOY.
(Colm Meaney) Miles O'Brien was in TNG and DS9.
(Patrick Stewart) Picard was in TNG and the first ep of DS9.
And of course (Majel Barrett) as Nurse Chapel, Lwaxana Troi, and of course the voice of the computer in all the series. (I know this doesn't fit the criteria but I couldn't leave her out).

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Kevin Hewell said:
And of course (Majel Barrett) as Nurse Chapel, Lwaxana Troi, and of course the voice of the computer in all the series. (I know this doesn't fit the criteria but I couldn't leave her out).
Why not? The studio obviously felt it was okay to leave her out -- out of Nemesis, and a guest spot at her character's daughter's wedding. The absurdity of that is still galling.
Hey, isn't she still married to Odo?

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Paul Padilla said:
Here goes...
Which two Trek alumni (not necessarily regular cast) appeared in The Last Starfighter?
I had to look up names but I didn't check their credits...
My guesses...
Dan O' Herlihy?
Lance Guest?
I hate it when I'm reminded about a movie I only have on VHS. I really need to get Last Starfighter, I love it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks