What's new

Scott Atwell Star Trek Discussion thread (Series and Films) (3 Viewers)

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
I know David L Ross died many times as a security guard. I can think of The Omega Glory and Day of the Dove off the top of my head. Eddie Paskey, he died a whole bunch of times as well, as in Obsession, for one.
RickER,
Yes, agreed. That's one of the reasons why I wanted the answer to be a person who had been in three different roles. BTW, I've spoken to Eddie Paskey. He's a very nice fellow, and was a joy to talk to the few times I spoke to him. :)

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
I didn't know that was David Soul!
TOS is my fav show of all time, been watching it since the early 1970s...but I feel like I don't know a damn thing about it.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Hey, has anyone seen the second installment of "Of Gods and Men"? I watched it today, and it's pretty damn good. Wasn't there a thread somewhere on HTF on it? I can't find it. Anyway, if you haven't seen it (or part 1) I highly recommend it (them), especially if you are a fan of TOS.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Sam Favate said:
Hey, has anyone seen the second installment of "Of Gods and Men"? I watched it today, and it's pretty damn good. Wasn't there a thread somewhere on HTF on it? I can't find it. Anyway, if you haven't seen it (or part 1) I highly recommend it (them), especially if you are a fan of TOS.
I think those installments are very well done. I loved the first one, which I saw several months ago. There used to be links for those on another Board that I used to be a member of; I will check to see if they are still there.
Besides the make-up, and having many familiar faces, I think the music is actually very well done. I recall loving it the first time around. :emoji_thumbsup:

Anthony Hom

Supporting Actor
Okay, here is one:
What actors in TOS would become regulars in future TV series where the series and their character stayed in the show for longer than TOS' 3 seasons?

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Anthony Hom said:
Okay, here is one:
What actors in TOS would become regulars in future TV series where the series and their character stayed in the show for longer than TOS' 3 seasons?
Anthony,
Do you have a defined (or finite) number of actors in mind for your question?

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Anthony Hom said:
Okay, here is one:
Nimoy in In Search Of... and Mission Impossible (or was that only 2 season?).

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Anthony Hom said:
Okay, here is one:
Would Majel Barrett qualify? If not as the computer voice, maybe as Luwaxana?

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
Ockeghem said:
Would Majel Barrett qualify? If not as the computer voice, maybe as Luwaxana?
Cept i wouldnt call her a regular. She sure wasnt one as Luwaxana. The computer voice...maybe. I am not sure she was always credited.
Nimoy was only on M:I 2 seasons.
The Shat also has Boston Legal, how long has that been on?

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
Anthony Hom said:
Sorry, if I was not more specific, but I meant GUEST stars of TOS, not the regular stars.
Well, youve got David Soul, who had that hit song, also was in Starsky and Hutch. Richardo Montabon was on Fantasy Island. Clint Howard was on Gentle Ben. Jane Wyatt was on Father Knows Best. Mark Leonard was on Here Come the Brides...i could be here all day!

Anthony Hom

Supporting Actor
Ah, but my rule was after TOS, so let's focus on the top five longest careers of guest stars on TV series after TOS in ONE series.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Anthony Hom said:
Ah, but my rule was after TOS, so let's focus on the top five longest careers of guest stars on TV series after TOS in ONE series.
Okay, then Shatner, Montalban, and Soul qualify, I think. To these three I think I would add Vic Tayback (from Alice--or was it Mel's Diner?) and Joan Collins (Dynasty). I was also thinking about adding Ted Cassidy, but then I recalled that The Addams Family wasn't on the air longer than TOS (Anthony asked this in the original question). I'm wondering if I'm missing someone more obvious.

Anthony Hom

Supporting Actor
You guys are on the right track. Remember, GUEST starts (not regulars) AFTER TOS.
So I think Ocke got most of them:
Joan Collins and Lee Bergere (Dynasty) - 9 Seasons
(Joan - S2-S9, Lee - S1-S4)
Vic Tayback (Alice) - 9 Seasons
Ricardo Montalban (Fantasy Island) - 7 Seasons
David Soul (Starsky and Hutch) - 4 Seasons
I'm afraid Here Comes the Brides lasted only 2 seasons.
I would like to declare Ockeghem the winner, your turn.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks