What's new

Scorpion King DVD $5 off instant coupon (1 Viewer)

Devin U

Second Unit
my walmart took the one I printed at home, but wouldnt accept one I printed at work on a B&W laser printer! They said it was a copy and were not very nice. Any one else have a similar problem?

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I cant seem to get the coupon to display? The window comes up but its blank!
The coupon does not display on-screen. If I recall, you get a screen that says "click here to print," you click, then get a message that you have to download a plug-in or something, then the coupon prints automatically after the plug-in is installed. But you never do see the coupon on-screen.

Reading Devin's experience, I doubt a fax would be accepted.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I think someone (Dave?) suggested that you may want to check your Internet security settings (if they're too high, it may not display) or that if you're using a "pop-up killer" program you also may not get to access the necessary info to process the coupon.

Beyond that, I don't know what else to tell you.

Rob TT

Stunt Coordinator
It doesnt work on all computers. At my work it would'nt print on my computer, but would on someone elses. It will only let you print out twon copies.

TonyTone

Supporting Actor
Best Buy price-matched my local Kmart, which was out of the WS version, and of course accepted the coupon. I do have one issue which I hope someone here can clarify one way or the other:

Best Buy applied the coupon against the after-tax total, e.g. $14.94 + sales tax, then subtracting the $5 coupon from the post-tax subtotal, rather than on the pre-tax purchase price, e.g. $14.94 - $5 coupon, then applying sales tax on the resulting subtotal. Which one is the correct method?

Joe Fisher

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joseph E Fisher
I lucked out on release day. Went to Best Buy to pick up "Scorpion King". Got to counter with DVD, cashier proceeded to price match to $14.89. She then deducted $5.00 from the $14.89. After adding in the tax I was looking at $10.71. But then the cashier then scanned the coupon I had handed her when I first got to her, thus taking off $5.00 more making my purchase of "Scorpion King" a whopping $5.71:D :D
Joe

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I think they have to charge tax on the pre-discount sale price. Wal-Mart also charged me sales tax based on the pre-coupon subtotal. From my receipt:
$14.86 Subtotal 1
-$5.00 Coupon
$ 9.86 Subtotal 2
$ 0.74 Sales Tax (5% based on Subtotal 1)
$10.60 Total
Just like when you use a "buy-one-get-one" free coupon, you still have to pay tax on the retail price of the free item.

Mitch Stevens

Supporting Actor
ALL of my local stores have been giving me hell about this printed coupon. They ALL claim they don't take any coupons of any kind, and none of them even want to price match. This totally sucks.

I went to my 3 Walmarts, and none of them wanted to acept the coupons. Then, I went to my 2 Circuit Cities, and again, none of them accepted the coupons. Best Buy didn't want it either. I don't have a K-Mart anywhere near me. All of the stores here are charging $19.99 for the Scorpion King here, except for Circuit City, which has it for $15.99, but they won't except any coupons. None of the other stores don't want to price-match the Circuit City price. Did I mention that I want to THREE Target stores also, and they all said they don't except the coupon? Wow...I must have gone to 10 stores, and for nothing.

Could one of you, kind souls, PLEASE purchase me a copy of this movie for $10, and send it to me through the mail? I'll gladly paypal the money to you instantly. I will pay the purchase price, plus shipping, plus tax. I want only Widescreen.

Thanks in advance for anyone so kind enough to do so.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Sorry to hear about your coupon ordeal, Mitch. Don't know what to say, as most stores (exclusive of some warehouse clubs) should be honoring this coupon with no problems.
Are any of these Wal-Mart or Target stores Supercenters? If so, they must take coupons from their grocery shoppers? This coupon is no different and should easily be absorbed into their normal coupon processing routine.
I would suggest going to the Universal Studios feedback form (select the Internet --> Business Development/Promotions/Marketing subject option) and telling them exactly what you posted here. That you visited nearly a dozen chain stores and none would honor the Universal Home Video promotion.
If these stores are serving as outlets for the studio's product, they should be honoring the studio's promotion of these titles. The stores are not losing any money as they will be reimbursed for the full amount plus a handling fee, so it's actually more money on their bottom line if they honor the coupons.
Not to mention it's just good customer service, especially if the customer is a regular or has a whole cartload of stuff they want to purchase. I decided to buy two additional DVD's and a music CD when I went to Wal-Mart to make the SK coupon purchase. If they refused the coupon, I'd have left everything on the counter and told them I was taking my business to Kmart (which was another 20 minutes away or I'd have gone there first anyway).
And I'd like to help you out, but I live about an hour's drive from the "shopping mecca" where these deals are possible and I don't expect to be back there before the sales expire. Hopefully someone else can get SK for you.

GregBoehme

Agent
Used coupon at Walmart no problem and they had a majority percent of widescreen (Had to look for fullscreen). Wasn't gonna buy this one but for $10 what the heck. Thanks for the info people.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks