What's new

Scorpion King DVD $5 off instant coupon (1 Viewer)

Matt Wooten

Second Unit
thanks. im going to go use this thing.. hopefully best buy or someone will have it for fifteen on first day :D
guy can hope...

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
MATT! My fellow Memphian! Long time no see? I guess I've been hanging out in the wrong parts of HTF, because I haven't seen your name in months! :eek:

Pete_S

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Pete Schlotter
hopefully best buy or someone will have it for fifteen on first day
I got a glance of tomorrow's Kmart ad today, and if I saw correctly Scorpion King will be $14.87 on VHS and DVD... Interesting that Kmart is diving into the loss leader business all of a sudden. You might end up having to price match elsewhere, as Kmart might only get fullscreen (or limited numbers of widescreen).

Joe Fisher

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joseph E Fisher
hopefully best buy or someone will have it for fifteen on first day
Best Buy will have Scorpion King for $16.99
Circuit City will have it for $15.99
Does anyone know if BB or CC accept manufacturers coupons.
$10.99 for Scorpion is definite buy for me.:D :D
Joe

AaronG

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Guys,

Does anyone know if there is a version of this coupon that's good in Canada?

Thanks,
Aaron

Matt Wooten

Second Unit
DAVE!!!! to be honest i haven't been posting a whole lot. but im gonna get back in the swing of things.

WOOOOOOOOO looks like tuesday is gonna be fun!!

Stephen Orr

Screenwriter
I'm price matching the Kmart ad at our local military exchange, plus the coupon, so no tax. Under $10 for me!

Shawn Sefranek

Second Unit
What a deal.

Scorpion King for 14.95 at Best Buy with K-Mart price match.
10% additional discount (don’t know why this was deducted)
13.45 – 5.00 coupon
Grand total = 8.45 + tax

WAY TO GO !!!!!

Also picked up the “Revenge of the Nerds” 2-Pack for 11.99 and the new Cranberries “Live in Paris” remix.
I got a rain check for the Space 1999 “Mega-set” because they were all out of stock.

Shawn S

PS….I went to K-Mart first to show my support for their recent LOW prices, but all they had was the “Pan & Scam” version of Scorpion King in stock.
A wasted trip !!!!

Eric_P

Grip
LOL I haven't even had time to go get this yet. Glad it worked out for you guys.:emoji_thumbsup: I guess I know what I need to do tomorrow.
Hey Shawn S, is that you from the CL board? It's me Edub-TL. :D

Jenna

Second Unit
Real Name
Jeanette Howard
Does anyone know if BB or CC accept manufacturers coupons.
I was assured by the manager of the BB Media Department this morning that they DO accept manufacturer coupons. By then, I had already used the coupon at Walmart as they had SK for $14.86 - so final cost was $9.86 plus tax.
Of course, Walmart had their P&S version on the front of their SK display with the WIDESCREEN tucked/hidden off to the sides of the display! After seeing that, I *should* have purchased it elsewhere. Their support of P&S is ONE reason I usually shop elsewhere. :thumbsdown:

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Of course, Walmart had their P&S version on the front of their SK display with the WIDESCREEN tucked/hidden off to the sides of the display! After seeing that, I *should* have purchased it elsewhere. Their support of P&S is ONE reason I usually shop elsewhere.
At *MY* location, for *THIS* particular release (I'll emphasize that, since treatment varies from release-to-release), the distribution and placement was pretty even for FS vs WS.
But to show my support of WS, I made a point of dropping by the counter and finding a feedback card. I wrote on it "thank you for providing widescreen copies of Scorpian King; I only buy widescreen" (or words to that effect), and dropped it off where it goes.
Don't just buy the WS copy and expect Wal-Mart to notice the ring-up...lead them by the nose to it! Be VOCAL! Make sure they understand it was no accident!! :)

Of course Kmart was completely out of Scorpion King, so I go to Walmart across the street and they have it for $14.88 less the $5.00 coupon. I'm not sure if this is Walmart's price at all stores, my experience has been that in my town the two Walmart's always have different sales prices.

Chris Duran

Stunt Coordinator
Of course, Walmart had their P&S version on the front of their SK display with the WIDESCREEN tucked/hidden off to the sides of the display! After seeing that, I *should* have purchased it elsewhere. Their support of P&S is ONE reason I usually shop elsewhere.
Actually those displays all come from the company in this case Universal, and you just remove the cardboard around the display, set up any toppers and it's done, Wal-Mart is not the ones actually placing the Fullscreen and Widscreen in the areas they are in. I checked the numbers and for the store I'm at it was about 60 Fullscreen, to 40 Widescreen, not bad.

Duncan Reno

Agent
I posted previously how I purchased a WS copy of SK at CC even though they wouldn't honor the coupon (I wanted to ensure I would have a WS copy). I went to Walmart and purchased WS SK and they did honor the coupon. I opened the one from Walmart and noticed the case was different. It has two tabs which you had to flip up in order to open it. Seems similar to the cases video rental outlets use. Did anyone else get one of these cases? The case from CC is the normal keepcase.

Esten

Supporting Actor
I got Scorpion King at my local Wal-Mart for $14.95- the $5 coupon.So About $10 with tax.I had no intention of ever buying the film,but for $10... if it sucks,then i'll just sell it for about that.heh

EDIT: And yes... the keepcase had those pull up tabs with it.Nifty little anti-theft device.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks