What's new

Save The Last Dance (1 Viewer)

Steve Lockwood

Stunt Coordinator
I was thinking about picking this up having never seen it before. Did anyone enjoy the dvd version of this film?

Joel C

Screenwriter
It's pretty good for what it is. If you enjoy teen dramas, this one more or less avoids cliche and is well acted. If you can get a deal on it, it would be an OK purchase, but I'd rent it first. I got it for free with a trade in and will honestly never watch it again, even though I enjoyed it.

Voon Jiet

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Voon
I was thinking about picking this up having never seen it before. Did anyone enjoy the dvd version of this film?
I have not seen the movie on DVD, but I caught it at the cinema. Not a bad film, and although I am not a huge fan of teenage romantic dramas, this kept me entertained. But I have absolutely no interest in watching Save the Last Dance again, much less own it on DVD.
I'd say you might want to rent it first. Its definetly worth a rental, but nothing more than that IMHO unless you are a fan of the film or hip-hop music.

Jason Whyte

Screenwriter
Well, take my opinion as possibly biased since I know Julia Stiles, but I felt the film was satisfying, yet not great. It skirmished the lined to melodrama but kept rather entertaining about a girl finding her own determination once again to pursue her dreams.
I just wish the bloody Hot New Soundtrack would just go away. :) The DVD, by the way, is very good with a top-notch transfer and an interesting array of features.
Jason
Shamless plug: feel free to read my interview below. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks