What's new

sarah mclachlan we need you (1 Viewer)

joe logston

Stunt Coordinator
we should find out if sarah mc lachlan is going to put out a new album, i need more of her music, hope she records it in hdcd. i thank she is the best, i thank im in love with her.

Anthony Stephan

Stunt Coordinator
Well Joe, that could bum out her husband Ash. But I guess he's used to it by now.

Sarah recently bacame pregnant and it was the muse she needed to begin writing again. She also began to record in her home studio in Vancuver, but recently her mother became ill and she has been tending to her.

I would certainly expect an album by her this year. But I wouldn't say when.

P.S. I miss her too.

RicP

Screenwriter
Sarah recorded a cover of the Beatles song "Blackbird" which appears on the Soundtrack release of "I Am Sam."

Joe,

Do you have the Netwerk release of Sarah's "Rarities and B-Sides"? It was a Canadian CD release and has some fantastic songs on it including the best cover of "Dear God" that I've ever heard.

PatrickM

Screenwriter
There is word that she should have a single released way in advance of the album being released. We'll have to see about that one.

Patrick

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I can't believe it was 1997 that "Surfacing" came out. I also would welcome new material from Sarah.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
What's wrong with the old stuff???? :D
I pulled out "Freedom Sessions" (basically unplugged :) ) the other day, after not listening to it for a while, and it was like I was listening to her for the first time! Damn good disc. I like techno, so remixed was also enjoyable, though I already had about half of those tracks.
I'll be happy to hear some real new stuff from her also though.

AndyVX

Supporting Actor
I just popped 'Solace' and 'Touch' into the CD player yesterday. It really made me think about how much I want her to release a new album. They are both great albums, but who wouldn't want new material? :)
Hopefully something will come out this year.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
There was released late last year the "Remixed" CD from Sarah, but those remixed songs sound a little too funky for my taste in music. I believe it's an import from Canada.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
As I mentioned...

I like techno, so remixed was also enjoyable, though I already had about half of those tracks.
Doesn't seem to be an import, as I found it in a number of stores.

Hey if you don't have the Mirrorball DVD, go get it. It's damn good. So far, seeing Sarah in concert has been one of, if not THE, best concert I've ever been to.

Tommy G

Screenwriter
I too miss her dearly. I first saw her before "Touch" was released when she opened for Bruce Cockburn at the Living Room in Rhode Island. She came out and did a song acapella and completely blew everyone in the audience away. Then her band came on and she played the rest of her set. Afterwards everyone was going nuts for an encore for someone they had never heard of before that night. I've seen her every year since up until pregnancy. I did get to talk to her after her set that night though and let her know that I had never heard a more beautiful voice in my entire life. Can't wait for the new release.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks