What's new

SANGAREE in 3-D! (1 Viewer)

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
"The BIG 3-D Attraction That's Worth Waiting For!"

It's not often that you have an opportunity to interview a living legend AND solve a mystery which has lingered in the technological history of motion pictures for more than half a century. Hillary Hess accomplishes both in her wonderfully detailed article, "An In-Depth Look at SANGAREE."​

Miss Arlene Dahl shares her memories of the production and the origins of the Paravision camera rig (with its newly-discovered connection to a legendary comedian) are finally solved.

Noteworthy as the first 3-D production from Paramount; the first 3-D film in Technicolor; the first 3-D film based on a best-selling novel and the first 3-D film billed with an A-list cast, SANGAREE will be restored from original 35mm elements by the 3-D Film Archive and released on 3-D Blu-ray by Kino Lorber Studio Classics in 2018!

http://www.3dfilmarchive.com/sangaree

Sang-22.jpg

Rob W

Screenwriter
Real Name
Robert
Bob, does 'original 35mm elements' mean Paramount has given you access to the original negatives rather than using release prints for your project ?

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
"The BIG 3-D Attraction That's Worth Waiting For!"

It's not often that you have an opportunity to interview a living legend AND solve a mystery which has lingered in the technological history of motion pictures for more than half a century. Hillary Hess accomplishes both in her wonderfully detailed article, "An In-Depth Look at SANGAREE."​

Miss Arlene Dahl shares her memories of the production and the origins of the Paravision camera rig (with its newly-discovered connection to a legendary comedian) are finally solved.

Noteworthy as the first 3-D production from Paramount; the first 3-D film in Technicolor; the first 3-D film based on a best-selling novel and the first 3-D film billed with an A-list cast, SANGAREE will be restored from original 35mm elements by the 3-D Film Archive and released on 3-D Blu-ray by Kino Lorber Studio Classics in 2018!

http://www.3dfilmarchive.com/sangaree

View attachment 40947

so does Fernando look marvelous!

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
Congratulations!

Now I have the song "Staggerlee" in my head!
I have an interpolation of "The Happy Wanderer in mine:
SANGAREEEEEE!!!!!!!
SANGARAHHHH!!!!!!!
SANGAREEEEEE!!!!!!!
SANGARAH-AH-AH-AH-AH-AH-AH!!!!!!!
SANGAREEEEEE!!!!!!!
SANGARAHHHH!!!!!!!
More Blu-rays in my stack!

Interdimensional

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Ed
It will be a totally blind buy for me, and a happy one.

very much so. Two of the first non-reproduction 3-D movie posters I acquired were Sangaree and Jivaro. (they were inexpensive, and being unfamiliar with the movies at the time, I mostly bought them for the novelty) I've been curious about them ever since. For a long time I thought I might never see these in 3-D.

This is a big day for me.

RBailey

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Hall
Indeed he does! Fans of Fernando will not be disappointed; his shirtless scenes alone are worth the 3-D. And it's fun to read how 3-D enhances the..."charms"....of the female leads in their low-cut gowns.

It sure does. Recently went to a 3-D screening of INFERNO at Ohio State University in Columbus, Ohio. Seeing Rhonda Fleming in 3-D was astonishing.

John Hermes

Screenwriter
Real Name
John Hermes
Indeed he does! Fans of Fernando will not be disappointed; his shirtless scenes alone are worth the 3-D. And it's fun to read how 3-D enhances the..."charms"....of the female leads in their low-cut gowns.
Too bad my my idol, Clint Walker, didn't make any 3-D films. He makes Fernanado look like Pee Wee Herman. :D Arlene Dahl, now, I can get excited about! I am really looking forward to this one.

3D Projectionist

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Lenny
I'm very much looking forward to seeing Francis L. Sullivan in 3D the London born actor best known for his Dickens acting roles. Sadly he passed on just a couple of years after Sangaree:( but it will be nice to see him in 3D.

Another thing the lady's really appreciate seeing in the classic 3D films are the costumes with all the depth of the dresses, its really quite a wonderful opportunity to see all this and more up on the 3D screen.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks