Sanford and Son freeze. Opinions needed.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Greg_S_H, Aug 12, 2002.

1. Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H Executive Producer

Greg
    Episode 4, about 8 minutes in, the disc froze for a second or two. I immediately activated the layer indicator, but it was not a layer change. I scanned around the scene, and got the freeze a few seconds before or after where I first got the freeze. I finished watching the episode, and went back to that scene to get the exact time so I could post it here. No freeze.

What should I do? Chalk it up to a random anomaly and not worry about it? Take it back to Best Buy for an exchange? Clean the disc? Or, should I keep an eye on it for a few days before doing anything?

2. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

No problem here, using two different players. What player do you have? Maybe its hardware related.

3. Greg_S_H

Greg
    It's a Sony DVP-S560D. I took the disc out, blew off some little particles that were on there, and tried again. No freeze. Hopefully, that'll fix it. I guess I'll go the "watch and see" route before trying for an exchange. I really hope it doesn't crop up again, because this is one of the most enjoyable DVDs I've ever purchased. [​IMG] Praying for a season 2 release.

4. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

It never ceases to amaze me that people don't just take a disc back and automatically assume their player doesn't like it [​IMG]
    Take it back, it's a bad disc

5. Greg_S_H

Greg
    You're probably right, Jeff. I'd hate for it to seem like it's working okay now, only to have the problem come back even worse after it's too late to take it back.