What's new

Sanford and Son freeze. Opinions needed. (1 Viewer)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Episode 4, about 8 minutes in, the disc froze for a second or two. I immediately activated the layer indicator, but it was not a layer change. I scanned around the scene, and got the freeze a few seconds before or after where I first got the freeze. I finished watching the episode, and went back to that scene to get the exact time so I could post it here. No freeze.

What should I do? Chalk it up to a random anomaly and not worry about it? Take it back to Best Buy for an exchange? Clean the disc? Or, should I keep an eye on it for a few days before doing anything?

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
No problem here, using two different players. What player do you have? Maybe its hardware related.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
It's a Sony DVP-S560D. I took the disc out, blew off some little particles that were on there, and tried again. No freeze. Hopefully, that'll fix it. I guess I'll go the "watch and see" route before trying for an exchange. I really hope it doesn't crop up again, because this is one of the most enjoyable DVDs I've ever purchased. :emoji_thumbsup: Praying for a season 2 release.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
It never ceases to amaze me that people don't just take a disc back and automatically assume their player doesn't like it ;)
Take it back, it's a bad disc

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
You're probably right, Jeff. I'd hate for it to seem like it's working okay now, only to have the problem come back even worse after it's too late to take it back.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks