What's new

Samsung's 2018 49"/55"/65" NU8000 Series UHD TVs (1 Viewer)

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
OK I know it's Sunday and we're all chillin today while enjoying our beloved TVs with the 2018 Olympics tuned in. I'll add some more to spike the thread.

Here's just a few of the changes Samsung incorporated into the successor to the very popular 2017 MU8000 series TV.

2018 upgrades and enhancements:

- New dimming scheme called "Supreme UHD Dimming"

- Color decoding method Samsung dubbed "Dynamic Crystal Color"

- 2018 video processing "UHD Remastering Engine"

- Tizen now includes Bixby Voice Control

- Additional audio decoding CODEX' and dual subs built-in

Footnote:, once they launch and the peak luminance and other attributes are tested and measured we'll know more about possible upgrades for the NU8000 UHD TV series.

Changed items:

- The new table top pedestal stand is now T-Type, with a neck that feeds into the the back side where it forms a "T" shape that support the TV from a single point vs. the 2017 MU8000 independent A-shape forked feet that are placed near the l/r edges of the display

Dropped items:

- Say good-bye to the "One Connect box", this year Samsung engineers located all inputs/outputs and power connection on the back and side of the 2018 NU8000.

- One less USB port, two USB ports this year

- No more DIRECTV RVU tuner built-in

- "Smart View" was dropped

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
Samsung just announced the 82" NU8000 series and I've updated out site to include the UN82NU8000.

Along with today's announcement Samsung also added three more 2018 TV series, the NU7100 and two curved series, NU7300 and NU8500.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Changed items:

- The new table top pedestal stand is now T-Type, with a neck that feeds into the the back side where it forms a "T" shape that support the TV from a single point vs. the 2017 MU8000 independent A-shape forked feet that are placed near the l/r edges of the display

Dropped items:

- Say good-bye to the "One Connect box", this year Samsung engineers located all inputs/outputs and power connection on the back and side of the 2018 NU8000.

I wish all TV manufacturers would dump the dual pedestals at each end of the display for a single center pedestal. We bought a Samsung 49-inch MU8000 for our bedroom last year and had to find a different stand to replace the one for our old 37-inch 720p Vizio. Also, our 70-inch Vizio M70-D3 barely fit on the stand from our old Samsung 67-inch DLP.

As for the "One Connect" box, I initially thought it was an odd design, but it actually made things easier to connect in our case. I could see it being a pain in the butt for anyone mounting one to a wall with cables already pre-run, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks