What's new

Samsung and DLP (1 Viewer)

Robert D

Grip
Hello
My mother is looking for a new tv (about 40 inches). She likes the Samsungs, particularly model numbers HLN-465W andHLN437W.
How are the Samsungs? Are these Models good tvs? Im new to DLP technology. Is it proven? Are there any negative points to DLP? Are DLP tvs very fragile?
She was quoted about $3,150 for both of them. Is this too much?
Also are there any comparative brands for the same price that are better?
I know this is alot of questions, but your input would be appreciated.
Thanks Rob

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
I'd be interested in hearing about the 50" Samsung HLN5065W
as well (the one advertised at the top of the Forum).

Hopefully somebody knows something!

SeanA

Second Unit
The only drawback I have heard is just the uncertain reliability since these DLP sets are fairly new.

I kinda wish I had looked closer at them because there are so many positives... great picture quality, light weight and small size compared to CRT and RPTV, no burn-in issues, and completely digital picture.

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
This link to Samsung Takes the Crown shows how good the Samsung DLP's compare to some other brands.

The Samsung units are selling out at many stores. They are bright, light weight, beautiful with no burn-in issues.

They have a very good up-conversion chip so standard-grade video looks good. It's so good, people with progressive-scan DVD players say to send INTERLACE to these TV's because the picture is superior to progressive because of the processing.

I'd buy one in a minute.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks