What's new

Samsung 61" DLP Model HLN617W (1 Viewer)

Collin.R

Grip
I just recently purchased a 61" Samsung DLP. Based on the reviews I received from this forum, I viewed the set before buying and was able to compare with Toshiba and Hitachi rear projection sets; but only in HD. The Samsung stood out as the best. I was warned about fan noise; but forgot to check this problem out at the time. I brought the set home a few weeks before I had HD and was a little disappointed
with the quality of the picture and the fan noise turns out to be very annoying. I have to tell you that the HD picture is awesome. My point is: surely Samsung could do a much better job of providing a fan that is a whole lot quieter.

I am thinking of submitting a repair claim against the warranty just to see if they will react.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Justin_T

Stunt Coordinator
Definitely. I've had my 50 inch for almost a month now and the fan is virtually silent. See what they do if you complain about the noisy fan. Chances are I bet they send a Tech out to replace it. Nothing wrong with a new, quieter lamp. Let me know what the verdict is

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royalserena
Recent bookmarks