Samsung 61" DLP Model HLN617W

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Collin.R, Jan 7, 2004.

1. Collin.R

Collin.R Extra

I just recently purchased a 61" Samsung DLP. Based on the reviews I received from this forum, I viewed the set before buying and was able to compare with Toshiba and Hitachi rear projection sets; but only in HD. The Samsung stood out as the best. I was warned about fan noise; but forgot to check this problem out at the time. I brought the set home a few weeks before I had HD and was a little disappointed
    with the quality of the picture and the fan noise turns out to be very annoying. I have to tell you that the HD picture is awesome. My point is: surely Samsung could do a much better job of providing a fan that is a whole lot quieter.

I am thinking of submitting a repair claim against the warranty just to see if they will react.

Anyone have any thoughts?

2. Justin_T

Justin_T Stunt Coordinator

Definitely. I've had my 50 inch for almost a month now and the fan is virtually silent. See what they do if you complain about the noisy fan. Chances are I bet they send a Tech out to replace it. Nothing wrong with a new, quieter lamp. Let me know what the verdict is