What's new

Same signal, two different players - Help! (1 Viewer)

Riche_guy

Auditioning
I just purchased the new DV-563A Pioneer DVd player and I also own the Pioneer 300 DvD Jukebox player. They both share the same signal so that when I turn one on the other also goes on. How can I have them work separately without unplugging one of the units or blocking the infrared window. There must be another solution besides always physically adjusting.

Thanks.

Riche_guy:frowning:

Allan Jayne

Senior HTF Member
As far as I know, there is no easy way unless the players specifically have a feature to address this issue.

Some JVC equipment does, there is a setup menu for "Remote codes A" and "Remote codes B" and you also choose A or B on the remote just as if you had a universal remote with category buttons for DVD or VCR or TV.

One person some years ago suggested to me to put a paper cylinder over the remote sensing window on each player. This way you have to aim the remote precisely at the unit you wish to control. The paper cylinder at best looks ugly. Another suggestion is to place the players in different places in the room. Neither of the preceding is foolproof, the infra-red "light" does reflect about the room.

By the way, how is your Pioneer Jukebox player. Specifically have you had any mechanical problems or know anybody who has had problems?

Video hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/video.htm

Doug_H

Supporting Actor
Do they share all of the same codes? If not some players can be turned on by pressing other remote buttons like open. You would have to play with it a little but that might solve the problem.

This would only work when it is in "sleep mode" or whatever the pioneer equivalent is.

Riche_guy

Auditioning
The Jukebox works well. I like it a lot, but it has had a few quirks in the past. Perhaps 3 times I had a problem with a few discs. I believe that if the disc was made lighter then usual it had problems with the mechanical arm that fed it to the lazer. The arm would actually pop out of place. It was easy to put back in its place though. This is rare occurance. The only solution I found was to copy disc onto a regular disc and it would have no problems.

As for the Pioneer DVD codes I think they are all the same.

Riche_guy

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
Most Pioneer units come with in/out control sockets, so you can daisy-chain them, but they are controlled by a Pioneer receiver.

Yeah, they want you to guy one of those, if you don't have one.

Glenn

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks