What's new

SACD player with headphone jack (1 Viewer)

Samuel_Fred

Stunt Coordinator
I'm looking for a good cd or DVD player that can play SACDs and that has a headphone jack. This is assuming I can listen to 2-channel SACDs through the headphone jack. I would prefer it to be a single-disc machine, though this is not necessary.

By budget has changed since I first posted this. I'm now looking for something under $750. The Marantz SA 8001 seems to fulfill my needs, though I'm not sure if the headphone jack is powered like the CD 5001 model (can't play SACDs). The SA 8001, however, doesn't play SACDs in 5.1. Obviously I don't want, or rather can't, listen to 5.1 through the headphone jack, but I'd like to have the option of doing this on my surround system. So, is there such a thing as a good player that is SACD compatable, both 2.0 and 5.1 outputs, and with a good headphone jack?

Phil A

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Phil
I know the Sony 2000ES changer has it. But it will probably run you perhaps $50-75 more than $200?

JeremyErwin

Senior HTF Member
I've been less than impressed with the 2000es's headphone jack. and have had better luck running the 5.1 connections to my receiver (onkyo TX-SR502), and then connecting the Grado SR-80s to the onkyo's headphone jack. Could be my cd player, could be a design flaw. Try before you buy.

Phil A

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Phil

I've actually never tried mine. My headphones have not even been used in at least 10 years.

Samuel_Fred

Stunt Coordinator
bump:

updated original post:

I'm looking for a good cd or DVD player that can play SACDs and that has a headphone jack. This is assuming I can listen to 2-channel SACDs through the headphone jack. I would prefer it to be a single-disc machine, though this is not necessary.

By budget has changed since I first posted this. I'm now looking for something under $750. The Marantz SA 8001 seems to fulfill my needs, though I'm not sure if the headphone jack is powered like the CD 5001 model (can't play SACDs). The SA 8001, however, doesn't play SACDs in 5.1. Obviously I don't want, or rather can't, listen to 5.1 through the headphone jack, but I'd like to have the option of doing this on my surround system. So, is there such a thing as a good player that is SACD compatable, both 2.0 and 5.1 outputs, and with a good headphone jack?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks