What's new

SACD only or SACD/DVD Player ? (1 Viewer)

Joe Cole

Second Unit
Dave,

I have had my 777 around 6 months with no second thoughts. The 9000 of course is a DVD unit with stereo only SACD capacity. I have never heard it but I doubt if it can match the XA777ES for either SACD or CD and it is only stereo.

Sony is coming out with a new model the 999ES which is multi-channel SACD with DVD.

If you want the best sound, go with the SACD only player and get a good DVD player with DVD-A as well. My opinion.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Dave, although the Sony 'C555ES is a carousel changer, it is a better audio component than the 'S9000ES in my opinion. Also, the 'XA777ES is noticeably better than the 'S9000ES on the right system. The 'S9000ES certainly is a quality component, but you can do better in going with the 'C555ES or 'XA777ES. Just my $0.02.

I agree with Joe in that you ought to consider going with an SACD/CD player and a DVD-Audio player instead of a DVD/SACD player.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks