S&V calibration Disc question

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by ArnaudP, Jan 23, 2002.

1. ArnaudP

ArnaudP Stunt Coordinator

I used the Sound & Vision disc last night to work on the video settings of my Sony Wega TV. Once I was done, I noticed that the picture looked "very red". Is it normal? It is the first time that I use such a disc to calibrate my TV so I can't compare with past experience.

2. JoelH

JoelH Stunt Coordinator

Arnaud,
    You need to disable "Red Push" on your television. It is a common issue with televisions as the manufacturer tries to present an image out of the box that pleases people in the stores.
    To do this for the Wega, visit: Keohi's Sony Tips Page
    After disabling red push, you will need to recalibrate your television.
    If you do a search in the TV and Projectors area, you should find answers from more knowledgeable people than myself.
    Good luck!
    ----
    Joel

3. Ted Lee

Ted Lee Lead Actor

is your red picture coming from dvd's or from the cable? i'm assuming you used the blue filter that came with the dvd too?

in my case, the dvd (obviously) offers a superior picture. my cable quality sucks. so, after i calibrated with my dvd, when i went back to cable, the picture looked too dark. i had to bump up the contrast.

unfortunately, my tv doesn't allow different settings for different inputs.

4. ArnaudP

ArnaudP Stunt Coordinator

I have different settings that can be saved. I use the "movie" setting to calibrate the TV. The red picture is in this setting when using a DVD.

I use "standard" setting to watch regular TV on DishNetwork.