What's new

?'s about the ET DVD (1 Viewer)

Ryan L B

Supporting Actor
Most of us were POed when the Directors cut "Censors" ceritin scenes. But what is the release date for it for DVD and will it have the original verion of the movie.

Joel C

Screenwriter
It's not clear if the original will be included with the director's cut release, or if there will be separate releases.

But, it any case, the original will be available, according to Spielberg producer Kathleen Kennedy.

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
In order to be the original it should include both the terrorist line and the extra bits of the scene in which Elliot is drunk (the IMDB claims this was cut when the film was re-released in '85.)

Ryan L B

Supporting Actor
I just watched the trailer and it says that the Directors cut will be in DTS in some theaters. How many versions of the disk will we get? My guess is Directors cut WIDESCREEN and PAN AND SCAN, and the original WIDESCREEN and PAN and SCAN. Can any one confirm this

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
The way I interpreted the news was that it would be a "Disc 1 Director's Cut -- Disc 2 Original" type thing.

As for the VHS, I have an original copy of the VHS and they say Elliot looks like a terrorist and he's drunk. did they edit later?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks