What's new

Rush and Star War fans (1 Viewer)

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
This week sees the release of two highly anticipated pieces of digitial entertainment: Rush's long awaited studio album Vapor Trails and the 5th (or 2nd) Star Wars film: Attack of the Clones.
So, which one have you been anticipating more?
(Note: this poll is only for fans of both Rush and Star Wars.)
Me, I gotta go with the Rush album. Easily one of my favorite bands. Also, look at what proceeded both:
Rush- Test for Echo: IMO, one of their best albums (though I know most don't agree, but I can't understand why)
Star Wars- Phantom Menace: I though it was awful.
And besides, Jar-jar is not on the Rush album. ;)

Michael Caicedo

Second Unit
Real Name
Michael Caicedo
I was a huge Rush fan but I have lost a lot of interest in music in the last five years. I think it's been probably that long since I bought a CD. So, it's Attack of the Clones for me.

Dave Morton

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
I'm more excited about the new Rush cd. I've been a fan of them since 2112 and have seen them 3 times in concert (permanent waves, moving pictures, and subdivisions). I just received my tickets in the mail over the weekend for when they come to chicago in July. I can't wait!

Brett_B

Supporting Actor
I was a huge Rush fan but I have lost a lot of interest in music in the last five years.
:laugh: Well, I guess you could look at it that way since they haven't released an album for almost 6 years.
As far as the poll is concerned, I have been waiting for the new Rush album for quite some time. A couple of years ago I was beginning to believe that we would not hear from Rush again.
Now my next wait begins. Two months to go before I can take my seat in the third row (center stage) for the concert. Gotta love internet ticket pre-sales :D .

Jim_C

Senior HTF Member
Tough one Mike but I've got to go with AOTC. I'll probably listen to Vapor Trails to and from the theater :)

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
Geddy Lee's My Favorite Headache should not be overlooked in the last six years either, great album IMO.
Personally I can wait for the new RUSH though, AOTC has me very interested!

David Benkert

Stunt Coordinator
Rush for me - I have been waiting for this for a long time. I always make sure to get the album on the release day and have since Grace Under Pressure.

I have also seen them at least once on each tour since then and really love it. Have tix to 2 shows so far for this tour.

Oh crap, this is a poll. Sorry for rambling :b

Heinz W

Second Unit
I've always been more into the classic Rush period (2112 through say, Signals) but I must admit to looking forward to the new album since I've heard it's a return to more guitar oriented stuff. I hope so. I really don't care for much of the synth heavy stuff.
And I too have my tickets for the local stop of the new tour. First time I've seen them in concert in (ack!) 21 years!
And AotC looks to kick ass so I'm equally excited to see it tonight! :)

Paul.S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
Mike:

Vapor Trails.

I dig your calling out the synchronicity of these two releases though, something I also thought of. Pretty damn momentous, no?

Paul

Ian R

Agent
Definitely The Rush album. Rush has been my favorite band since I was 13-14 years old,(Permanent Waves). I have seen them 10 times in concert already.
I agree BTW that Test for Echo was their best Album in years. The new one is quite good as well.
When I read the title of the post, I thought this was going to be another Pink Floyd/Wizard of Oz thing. :D
Ian

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
Well, the wait and anticipation are over. Both have been released and I have experienced both.

The verdict:

Rush- despite some sound issues with the album, the music itself is just wonderful. It more than met any hopes and expectations I could have had.

Star Wars- I'm not starting a whole Star Wars debate (like we need another one, ech). It was a good time, but nothing near the satisfaction of the Vapor Trails.

In general, it seems that my interest in Star Wars has been waning while the interest in Rush has been rising.

Of course, a Star Wars movie with a Rush soundtrack would kick-ass. I'm now imaging the Obi-Wan / Jango Fett fight with One Little Victory playing in the background...

Paul.S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
Ian R et al.:
On the topic of IMO great rock and great sci fi flicks, have ya'll checked out "The Rushian Matrix"?
http://home.i1.net/~bytor/rushianmatrix.html
It's a fan site. This guy describes some apparently interesting synchronicities when playing Grace Under Pressure while watching The Matrix. I haven't spent enough time at the site to see "just how deep the rabbit hole goes," but at first glance it looks tres kool.
Paul

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks