What's new

2018 Challenge: Box Office TOP 100 FILMS OF ALL-TIME (Domestic Gross) (1 Viewer)

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
786936143836f.jpg
Swiss Family Robinson: Vault Disney Collection (1960/United States)
DVDLogo.png
Walt Disney Home Entertainment, Buena Vista Home Entertainment (United States)
Director: Ken Annakin
Writing: Lowell S. Hawley (Screenwriter), Johann Wyss (Original Material By)
Length: 126 min.
Video: Anamorphic Widescreen 2.35:1
Audio: English: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Commentary: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles: English
Stars:
John Mills as Father Robinson
Dorothy McGuire as Mother Robinson
James MacArthur as Fritz Robinson
Janet Munro as Roberta 'Bertie'
Sessue Hayakawa as Kuala, Pirate Chief

Plot:
One of Disney's biggest and most fondly remembered hits, the spectacular screen version of the literary classic Swiss Family Robinson is full of breathtaking South Seas scenery, hundreds of exotic animals and treacherous pirates.

This heroic tale chronicles the courageous exploits of the Robinson family after they are shipwrecked on a deserted island. Using teamwork and ingenuity, they skillfully overcome the obstacles of nature and transform their new home into a "civilized" community. But the ultimate challenge lies ahead when a band of cutthroat pirates threaten to destroy the Robinsons' makeshift paradise.

Capture the thrills, romance and fun of this unforgettable Disney film!

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Audio Commentary
  • Feature Trailers
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Featurettes
  • Production Notes
  • DVD-ROM Content
  • Closed Captioned
  • THX
  • Short 'Sea Salts'

My Thoughts:

I found this one to be a really fun film. Sure there is a lot of unrealistic stuff here, but that is easily forgiven. I thought the entire cast did well and I liked seeing all the different types of animals. This film has plenty to laugh at and I found it top be just a feel good film. I had to watch my roommate's copy but I do definitely hope to add this one to my own collection before too long.

Rating:
stars_30_7.png

Vic Pardo

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian Camp
You should add a count to each review so we'll know how close you're getting to 100.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks