What's new

TCFHE Press Release: STAR WARS Movies Celebrated With New Limited Edition SteelBooks (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
b385a122-89be-4804-bbfa-f83933b30a74.jpg

THE ICONIC MOVIES CELEBRATED
WITH NEW LIMITED EDITION INDIVIDUAL
BLU-RAY™ STEELBOOKS

97ffd63c-8e5e-41a7-a22d-154022ca03ac.jpeg

Each Film Presented in Unique, Collectible Character Steelbook Packaging available November 10th

Also Available Newly repackaged Star Wars: The Complete Saga
to be released on October 13th

Los Angeles, CA (August 5, 2015) – As the galaxy prepares for the next generation of Star Wars, the six epic films will each release as commemorative Blu-ray steelbooks on November 10th. These highly collectible films will be available for a limited time only and can be pre-ordered beginning August 7th. In addition, Star Wars: The Complete Saga will be released in newly repackaged artwork on October 13th. The announcements were made today by The Walt Disney Studios, Lucasfilm Ltd., and Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment.

Each film from the Saga is presented with new character packaging allowing fans to choose their favorite or collect all six for a limited time. Characters include: The Phantom Menace – Darth Maul; Attack of the Clones – Yoda; Revenge of the Sith – General Grievous; A New Hope – Darth Vader; The Empire Strikes Back – Imperial Stormtrooper; and Return of the Jedi – Emperor Palpatine.

In addition to the collectible steelbook packaging, each single disc Blu-ray includes existing audio commentary with George Lucas and the film crew as well as audio commentary from archival interviews with the cast and crew.

The newly repackaged Saga includes all six feature films on Blu-ray, along with three additional discs containing more than 40 hours of previously released extensive special features.

056885b7-198a-4813-bbf7-0ee2c66653f4.jpeg

d6f2495d-1f44-4f50-951d-fd48c3ea10f0.jpeg

6364c11c-9890-4e4b-a6c7-9893982ff05b.jpeg

8164575e-0968-4da4-8574-982d3140361d.jpeg

55a8011a-2978-43aa-a7bc-283ebd3fb7d6.jpeg

ff8fe40d-3857-4e0e-8931-a1b6bfbdfd50.jpeg

42791576-88f2-47f2-91ca-ef48d50526bf.jpeg

open.php

The link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Interesting question....

Now that Disney owns these films, will they be re-released without the Fox Fanfare opening as has been seen in the digital copies?

If so, what a huge loss.

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
The packaging is nice, BUT the original theatrical versions need to be released - especially after watching Return of the Jedi Nooooooooooo ! :)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Ronald Epstein said:
Interesting question....

Now that Disney owns these films, will they be re-released without the Fox Fanfare opening as has been seen in the digital copies?

If so, what a huge loss.
My guess is that the disc content will be exactly the same as the other Blu-ray but I'd expect to see the Disney logo whenever Disney does something new with a Star Wars home video release.

Allansfirebird

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Sean
Given this:

TravisR said:
Since the question is bound to be asked, no, the original versions won't be on here.

And this:

Ronald Epstein said:

Sorry, Disney, no sale. Original theatrical versions, or nothing. I'll stick with my 2004 DVD set and 1993 laserdisc boxset.

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
FOX still has the physical media rights until 2020. Apparently Disney owns the digital distribution rights. I'm not sure if any Star Wars movie will ever open with the Disney logo, Marvel studio movies don't open with a Disney logo. They will probably use a Lucasfilm logo and fanfare hopefully better than what was on the digital release.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Or Disney, at least remaster what's already been released. The current films on Blu-ray could certainly be improved upon. NO SALE here either.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I am certain I speak for many when I say the Fox fanfare is just as important as the films themselves.

Horrible to know that one day they will be completely removed from the Star Wars movies.

I have sat in audiences where the crowd cheers just at the Fox fanfare. You think Disney could ever top that?

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos
The Fox fanfare is part of history of the Star Wars films!

I can't imagine a Star Wars film without the Fox Fanfare.

Really, when I first saw the Star Wars films, I thought that music of the logo was part of the original soundtrack. (probably I hadn't seen a Fox movie before, or maybe I hadn't noticed? I don't know)

To tell you the truth, I'm not sure if I would even buy the UOT without the Fox fanfare.

It may sound as an overreaction, but....

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Konstantinos said:
I can't imagine a Star Wars film without the Fox Fanfare.
The first six movies should always have the Fox fanfare. That being said, having seen a ton of Star Wars video games and cartoons that don't have the Fox fanfare, it's not that bad or noticeable because it just starts on the SW theme. What is bad is the digital versions of the OT & PT movies where they play a piece of the end credits music over the LFL logo to cover the missing Fox fanfare. If they HAVE to change it, it'd be better to have silence over the logos and then crash into the SW theme.

Dr Griffin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zxpndk
Hopefully it will not be something like this abomination! :D

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLV30zi-9ts&feature=player_detailpage[/media]

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Dark side of the force much? With the exception of Yoda I hate the steelbook art. I would much rather have the faces of the heroes of Star Wars rather than the villains. Or the original poster art would have been awesome for a steelbook case. Apparently in Disney's Star Wars Universe the Empire defeated the rebellion :(

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member
Ronald Epstein said:
Interesting question....

If so, what a huge loss.

That, above all else, is what is wrong with the new trilogy. For years, YEARS, I thought that the 20th Century Fox theme was part of the Star Wars theme. When I was growing up, one was part of the other - like separating We Will Rock You and We Are the Champions. It just isn't done.

But now, we wont have that. The movies will just start. . . wrong.

Nick*Z

Screenwriter
Real Name
NICK
No double, triple, quadruple dipping for me either. Star Wars without the Fox logo and the original fully restored original cuts is NOT Star Wars - just another sci-fi franchise, badly bungled and excessively mangled by greed to suit changing times and tastes. Badly done.

Still own the titanic LD box set in CAV format and, despite the format's obvious limitations, it remains my preferred mode for viewing the classic trilogy. Nothing else will do for me on Blu-ray except that original trilogy. Since Fox owns the rights to physical media distribution until 2020, what's stopping them from capitalizing on fan's desperate desire to re-issue these in unedited collector's tins. Again, a case where money is being spent incorrectly on a product we already own. I would buy the original cuts in remastered hi-def in a plain cardboard wrapper no less, so long as the movies themselves looked primo in 1080p! It's that simple.

Hello Fox - get right with the Lord...or rather, the force.

Mark VH

Second Unit
Erm, since they're re-launching this to coincide with the release of the new movie, doesn't that sort of invalidate the "Complete Saga" tag? Shouldn't it be more like "The Complete Saga...for Another Couple of Months"?

Also, I love how this release bends over backwards to say that these are REPACKAGED, heading off any questions about which versions of the movies they'll include. You could package them in solid gold for all I care and I still wouldn't buy them without the unaltered OT.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Nick*Z said:
Since Fox owns the rights to physical media distribution until 2020, what's stopping them from capitalizing on fan's desperate desire to re-issue these in unedited collector's tins.
Disney owns everything SW-related (except the distribution rights) so Fox can't do anything without Disney's OK.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks