What's new
World Wide Stereo

rptv size restrictions (1 Viewer)

Andy_Hamric

Stunt Coordinator
I'm considering the purchase of a new RPTV, around 50". I can't afford DLP or LCD or any of the thinner models. Currently I am limited in the size of the depth of the TV because it has to go through a 29" doorway to get to the basement stairs.

I've been looking at the 51" Sony that has a depth of about 26". Does anyone have exeperience getting such a TV delivered and installed? I'm thinking of purchasing at somewhere like Circuit City. How are these delivery people with removing the TV from the packing materials and then transporting the unit downstairs? I was reading on the Sony website that Sony delivery (if you bought directly from them) would not guarantee no damage if the TV was moved after the unit was removed from the packing material.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

DarrenHo

Stunt Coordinator
i have the sony kp51ws510 rptv. it has casters, so it rolls around pretty easily. i removed it from the packaging by myself. i can't comment on the abilities of the delivery people. i'd be inclined to move it downstairs myself but i guess if they drop it, they pay to fix it.

Allan Jayne

Senior HTF Member
Call and ask about the outside dimensions of the carton.

If you also have to take it around a bend, it gets trickier but for a straight through path you can make a cardboard rectangle to experiment with.

You may also consider removing doors from their hinges.

Video hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/video.htm

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Areles
Recent bookmarks