What's new

RP CRT VS. RP LCD Help (1 Viewer)

Doug Z

Stunt Coordinator
FWIW, after reading countless posts before I pulled the trigger on my set and seeing many sets in person, I finally went with the 57X500. RP CRT is still king cuz we are judging on overall PQ right? Forget the viewing angles, burn-in, size, what you want is to sit down throw in a DVD and be in awe over the PQ of your set. How many people watch a movie standing up, 90 deg from their set. If it is far enough away the viewing angle is actually quite large. How much longer are we going to be watching in 4:3, can you limit the set for movies and watch the 32 or 36" set for extended periods of 4:3 viewing. I usually watch my direct view in the evening for sitcoms and some news but in about a year or 2 max isn't everything going to be widescreen anyway? The x500 will serve me well for 10 years easily and I will be careful on what I watch for a while but when HD is in full swing I won't have to worry much. I still go into stores and try to compare anything I look at to my set and for any amount of money I can find no better picture, not saying equal but better. I'm not saying I have the best set in the world and I would love a Marantz plasma, but in a while the RP CRT's will be gone and you will be be caught up in the LCD, DLP technology war and will always see a set every year that has a slightly better pic than your set and will drive you crazy because you paid the same price 1 year earlier, kinda like new cars. I know alot of people have had numerous nightmares with CRT's but I would pick up a good one now for a decent price. How often do you pick up and move your set anyway, sure a 75 lb 60" lcd is nice and not as deep as a RP CRT but what are you buying it for anyway. So to sum up my ramblings, I would get a 57 or 65X500 or maybe one of the top Mits sets and save some $$$, I know you said RP-CRT's are out of the question somewhat but just my $.02.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks