What's new

Rotel RSP-1066 and RMB-1095 (1 Viewer)

Lee Jenkins

Auditioning
I am looking to purchase these units. I live in the Dallas/Plano TX area. Does anyone know the best place to purchase these units at a decent discount. The best I could do so far is 10% off retail. I was in the Des Moines, IA area not to long ago and stopped in a local shop. They could do 20% off but did not have the units in inventory and even if they ordered them, it would require me to pick them up. They would not ship them to me due to Rotel's policies. Any Suggestions? Thanks.

Greg Haynes

Supporting Actor
I would see if you could negotiate a little more. The norm around here is about 15% for Rotel. I have even seen people like you mentioned get 20% off. Especially since you buying the amp & pre/pro together.

I just bought the 1095/1066 combo in Southlake at The Home Theater Store for a 10% discount. Although 10% isn't what you are looking for, it is a fair deal.

Finding those units in stock will be the difficult part.

Call the Home Theater Store in Southlake (817 748 4388) and ask for Josh. If he can't track down that hardware for you, check with Marvin Electronics in Fort Worth (that's where I got my B&W Nautilus 805s from). They carry Rotel and may have inventory.

Lee Jenkins

Auditioning
The Home Theater Store on Preston in north Dallas is where they offered the 10% off. I do think it is a fair deal. Especially since they have the amp with the silver in stock. They would have to order the pre/pro (silver as well). I was looking to get at least 15% off. Then I believe I would be getting a good deal. I tried Marvins and they indicated they have the equipment in Stock but they would not move off the retail price. The 20% off was a one day sale as well. I would have had them order them if I could have had them shipped to me. I was not sure when I would have been up that way again. Thanks for your input.

george king

Supporting Actor
Lee,

Marvin's (in Fort Worth), never budges from list. That is why I hate shopping with them. However, they are close, and the only Rotel dealer in Ft. Worth. However, for 10% off, it might be worth driving to Dallas or Southlake.

Brian Burgoyne

Second Unit
There is also a Home Theater Store at 20 and Cooper in Arlington. That is a little far from Lee, but they might have something in stock. Do you think the franchise has a discount limit, or is each manager able to be a bit flexible?

Greg Haynes

Supporting Actor
I think each dealer can bend a little, but I also believe it depends how much business you have already done with the store. I think first time buyers will get stuck with the 10%, and people that drop 10k or more a year will get 20%.

Greg Haynes

Supporting Actor
Nicholas is right, I don't know what it is but when a dealer sees CASH you all of sudden have alot of power :D

george king

Supporting Actor
Nicolas,

Maybe they do not like me then, but I am one of their prime demographics (early mid 40's - very good income). Or maybe they did not want to do a trade in that day. About 3 years ago, I bought a Yamaha 995 from them. I went in said I was ready to buy that day the 1066, and wanted to trade in the 995 (which I had in the car, with original reciept, remote, manual, etc). They wanted list, and were "willing" to give me $100 for the 995. Needless to say the deal was not done.

George,

Sorry about your experience. I bought $6K of speakers, so that's probably why my experince was different (and I was just a 20-something punk with a bad attitude - not their ideal demographic).

Give Josh a call at the Home Theater Store (number listed above). He'll get you a fair price on the 1066. If there is one available, he'll get it fast. I couldn't be happier with how fast he got my 1066/1095 for me.

As for getting rid of the 995, try the "Hardware for sale" forums here at HTF. I just sold my Denon AVR-3300 - got what I considered a fair offer for an excellent receiver (actually, IMHO the buyer got one hell of a bargain).

Brian Corr

Supporting Actor
I've got a dealer that will do 20% off and ship. He has been out of stock but I have already confirmed the price. I have friends that have bought from them without any problems.
Email me if you'd like the info: [email protected]

george king

Supporting Actor
Nicolas,

I figured that if you spent alot, you would get a discount. I perfer shopping at Sound Idea, but have bought some stuff from Marvin's over the years. I work at TCU, so Marvin's is right around the corner, and they do not mind "browsing".

Unfortunately, I am not in the market right now, as the preamp money went to partially pay for termite treatment of the house.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks