What's new

ROSEANNE reboot — what are your thoughts? (1 Viewer)

Will Krupp

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Will
I think that’s true (older people and disposable income) b it I believe the 18-49 demographic is favored is because they are more easily influenced by commercials than we old wiley people.

That's completely correct. It has NOTHING to do with disposable income and everything to do with the fact that people have been found to tend toward "brand loyalty" at around age 49 (under 18 they aren't the decision makers in the household) and are no longer susceptible to commercials. For example (thought this has been true my whole life) I am only going to use DAWN DISHWASHING LIQUID. Nothing's going to change that. Other dish soap companies shouldn't waste their money on what I watch since they're never going to convince me. Conversely, DAWN shouldn't wast their money on what I watch either since they already have me.

GlennF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Glenn Frost
I agree with John. I thought last night's episode was good. The person who has been the biggest surprise to me in this reincarnation of the series is Sara Gilbert. She is the one person who is actually acting. (I thought she was good in the original series, but it was Laurie Metcalf back in the day who was my favourite.) I also like that the series has pretty much abandoned the political rhetoric of the first couple of episodes and in recent episodes has focused on family life.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
I agree with John. I thought last night's episode was good. The person who has been the biggest surprise to me in this reincarnation of the series is Sara Gilbert. She is the one person who is actually acting. (I thought she was good in the original series, but it was Laurie Metcalf back in the day who was my favourite.) I also like that the series has pretty much abandoned the political rhetoric of the first couple of episodes and in recent episodes has focused on family life.

I also agree. They've calmed down the political stuff. I bailed after the first episode, but gave it another try and am starting to like it.

Jeffery_H

Supporting Actor
I'm on the opposite end, just like the other 50% of the country. It was the first two shows that were the best I thought with the more political tone that I enjoyed most. Much in the same way as Tim Allen's Last Man Standing, loved that show.

Dheiner

Gazoo
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Dhein
I really liked the last episode, again. This time, maybe since I've experienced the decline and the passing of both parents, I can identify with the characters very strongly.
I thought they presented many of the issues very well.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
I really felt uncomfortable watching this week's episode. I get the idea they were trying to present but it was pretty unfunny.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Since I’ve also been watching the original series I’ve figured out what’s missing: laughter. Dan, Roseanne and the kids don’t have any fun anymore. No bursting out laughing. No joking around. It’s all so serious!

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
Since I’ve also been watching the original series I’ve figured out what’s missing: laughter. Dan, Roseanne and the kids don’t have any fun anymore. No bursting out laughing. No joking around. It’s all so serious!

Well, they’re 20 to 30 years older and the times are very different now. I find that aspect pretty realistic.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Apparently this has been cancelled. Due to her recent activity on twitter.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
This was a good call by ABC. Putting what is right ahead of profits.
Call me cynical but I think they cancelled it because they knew that was just too much to defend.

And people will try to say that the world is "too PC" or "It was bad but she's a comedian. They step over the line sometimes." or say that the first amendment is being violated (which is just factually incorrect) or "the liberal media is out to get her" but she said something that was truly horrible. It wasn't a joke and anyone offended is having a perfectly reasonable reaction. I feel bad for the fans of the show and the cast & crew who are now out of work because she's awful but Rosanne is only one person to blame here.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks